Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Feels like my bottom left rib tucks under or something's pushed under it.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 12 Replies
  • Posted By: HeatherM4
  • November 4, 2006
  • 02:39 AM

:confused: For the last week or so I've been having a dull pain under my bottom left rib. It either feels like it tucks under or there's something pushed under it. It's very uncomfortable. It's weird because it hurts worse at night. What can this be?

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• I am having similar sensations. I have had numbness in that area for 5 weeks and have pain and discomfort in the area just below my ribcage. I had a CT scan last week and they found a 4mm cyst on my spleen. They say the cyst is too small to be causing any problems. They also said my symptoms do not warrant any additional testing. I have consulted with my chiropractor who confirmed my spleen is the organ that is just under the ribcage on my left side and he said he felt inflammation. I am considering getting another opinion but do not know where to go. I know I did not give you any information but wanted you to know I can relate to your symptoms.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2006
    • 03:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Frog, did your doctor say he was going to remove the cyst? those things are no joke, it needs to be removed, it could perfectly be causing you those symptoms, I think its not very professional of your doc to tell you it cant cause you pain, I've heard of people with pancreatic cysts who have the same symptoms, even ovarian cysts and they still feel pain in their ribcage area... so i'm pretty sure a spleen cyst could cause you pain/discomfort in the area.I have that problem too, can't seem to get diagnosed and my doctor wont order me to take a CT or anything, i'm pretty desperate at this point.
    the_one 39 Replies
    • November 9, 2006
    • 03:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms for 3 weeks now. I am very uncomfortable sitting, and laying. AT night the symptoms get worse. I had a Xray of my ribs, and am waiting for results... There is not pain.. just VERY annoying, feels as if my ribs are pinching something. Any updates??ag
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 2, 2008
    • 04:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • HemiLou, could be ulcer maybe, in my case i think its caused by anxiety and a problem with the spine and not being very active, plus bad posture. I'm going to a Chiropractor and it helped me, I stopped going and it all came back, so yesterday I decided to go back, and when I got out I felt really good. I asked her about my rib and she said it can definitely affect your ribcage, you should look into that. I pay 25 pero visit plus 10 when I have to do the exercises there. Of course, I'm no doctor, so you should let them do all the exams you want before going to a Chiro.AJ - The_One
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2008
    • 06:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • so am not the only one out their with this i've had it since the middle of oct just after i cam down with a viral infection, i packed in smoking incase it was that and stopped drinking diet coke as i was strugglin to bring up wind mine to is more anoyin in the night i think thats wen i can rest abit i aint made an appoitment at the doctor's because i thought i couldnt describe it well. oh by the way am 21
    mjrichards21 56 Replies
    • December 5, 2008
    • 09:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have had the same thing for about a year now, it has just recently been hurting more and getting bigger, it started with just my rib purtruding, and then i felt the uncomfortable lump under my rib, and sometimes i feel that pinching or like it is between my ribs... it isnot hard but it isn't super soft either and it is about the sze of a gulf ball.... i can move it when i lay a certain way as well...and the longer i ahve had it the further my ribs stick out, the more pain i feel, and the bigger it gets, it scares me but i haven't been able to get to the doctor.. can someone help me please, i think it may be cancer, but i don't know....but alot of what you have all said is what i feel...please update me if possible!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2009
    • 05:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i know what it is, i went to the doctor a few days ago and he said that it is my muscle... he said that i must have really good muscles in my stomach from working out or laughing... and what it is, is that if you lay on your side the muscle sticks to the edge of your ribs causing it to portrude out... there is nothing wrong it is just a little irritating but it is only a muscle, that is why the MRI's and stuff didn't work....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Could even be muscle spasms..have you ever seen a doctor about this ? or testing of any sort? Sammyhttp://www.undiagnosedillness.org
  • i am 16 i have cyst in my ribs and i dont know how they got there. my doctor looked at them its on both sides. how can u get rid of the cyst? they hurt almost to the point in which i want to cry. I wish some one new what to do. can some one help me?
  • i am 16 i have cyst in my ribs and i dont know how they got there. my doctor looked at them its on both sides. how can u get rid of the cyst? they hurt almost to the point in which i want to cry. I wish some one new what to do. can some one help me?Hi - My suggestion to you all would be to go the a Chinese doctor and get their best immune boosters - usally reishi mushroom.It could well be an imbalance of stagnated energy built up. The doctor will take your pulse and advise if there is an issue with any organ in the body.For any form of foreign object in the body where the bodies immune system can not remove it naturally - immune system boosters are the best.They might even prescribe something different if required.Much better than paying doctors fees!
  • I think i have had the same problem. I have been feeling this for a few years. It always feels numb and sometimes when i'm using my stomach muscles it feels like my lower left ribs start to "twist." It hurts and after a few minutes it "untwists." What really has me worried is that a few weeks ago my 5 yr old daughter started to complain that her "stomach sucks in" when she laughs. I asked her to point to where she feels that and she pointed to her lower left ribs. I thought this was very interesting. Please let me know if you have found out anything.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I feel your pain and then some! I have 2 pushed in ribs that are constantly stabbing me in the side of my back. I was rolling around on a tennis ball trying to work out knots in my back muscles and relaxed against one and suddenly got big jolt followed by 3 clunks and alot of pain. Ended up in emergency room where I was informed via xray I both my t-4 and t-5 vertebraes shifted to the right out of normal spinal allignment and both ribs are pushed way under. OMG! Muscle relaxers, and narcotics couldnt even cover the pain.I have had 2 separate chiropractors for two weeks now trying to apply torq to relocate both of my vertebraes into normal spinal alignment. They normally specialize in moving joints not bones and it has been hard for them to get deep enough to move the vertebrae and get to the source of pain. However after 6 adjustments I can now see straight again as my eyes couldnt even focus and I couldnt drive anywhere. and dont feel 'cut in half' and my concentration has improved again.The continually problem is the dislocated 2 ribs, being as they are not sitting in the 'notch' they did not follow the vertebrae back up when they were rotated back to center. They are still pushed in and stabbing me. I am taking white willow bark, boswella serrata, and Tramadol for pain relief. I cannot lay on my back unless I have my right hand at my side and my shoulder blade tucked under as close to my spine as possible. You can feel them sticking out under my underarm compared to the other ribs constantly pulling on the other ones.So dont ever relax against a tennis ball or any tension relieving object that isnt well. . flat or fluffy!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement