Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Severe burning pain in my right thigh

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: agbtg7
  • December 21, 2008
  • 01:43 PM

I suffer from an intermittant severe burning sensation which occurs in my right thigh. It only occurs when I have been lying flat and typically am sleeping. Either a tug on my thigh muscle or just a burning sensation awkens me. Sometimes there is also a feeling of being paralized in that area. It is halfway between the knee and the hip only on my right leg. The majority of my left leg has been made of no use due to Fibrosarcoma of my left femur back in 1982.

An orthopedic surgeon did tell me that I had either one or two bad disks in my lower back quite a few years ago, but he said it would be sometime before it would have to be dealt with. Perhaps that time has come. The burning pain I experience can occur anytime from once a week, once a month, or a few times a year. It is so hot and burning that it is difficult to forget and in fact the pain remains for a number of hours after the primary pain is gone.

My former doctors treated me used to order an ultrasound almost anytime I would experience pain in my legs being concerned about blood clots or an embolism of some sort. Now, it is like they are not even concerned about that anymore, which I do not understand. It seems to me that there is more of a chance now that I could have that sort of problem then back then.

I have underwent 14 major surgeries; only two related to cancer, and have had many different types of pain. But these pains that are so hot and painful even if for only a short duration are very difficult coping with. Whether it is as simple as nerve pain; or more along the lines of DVT, some sort of embolism or blood clot, or something else, I would just like to know. If it's related to my back, I would like to know that as well. From time to time I have pain so severe in my lower back that I cannot do much for several days.

Hopefully a doctor or someone familar with my particular complaint will read this and send me some sort of suggestion as to what type of treatment might be helpful to me.

Thank you very much. Sincerely, MGM.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement