Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Penile sores brought on by masturbation

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: stepchildguitar
  • December 21, 2008
  • 02:22 AM

I have masturbated heavily in the past month and have recently developed red, burning sores on my penile shaft. A few are open and burn badly after masturbation. I masturbate usually in the shower and use a gel-soap as a lubricant. I am concerned that it might irritate the sores or cause complications. I am trying hard to stop masturbating and wish to keep this from my parents (I am 14) and especially don't want to have to go to a physician. Can I treat this myself and keep it on the down-low? Please help!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• First,no more maturbating for awhile.Then,if it appears to be infected,try some triple antibiotic ointment on it.If it's just irritated & raw,try some hydrocortisone cream on it(the1%).
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • December 25, 2008
    • 01:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks. I haven't masturbated for two or three days and it seems to be getting better.
    stepchildguitar 7 Replies
    • December 26, 2008
    • 04:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • There are many things which can cause this:-soap. soap is a detergent/chemical which can dry and irritate the skin. NEVER masturbate with soap or any type of substance which can irritate the skin. the skin on the penis is very delicate and sensitive. when showering use mild soap to cleanse the penis and rinse it off thorougly (to remove all soap residue which can irritate/dry if it doesnt get washed off good) but gently wiith warm (not hot) water. towel dry gently when out of shower.-hot water/steam. exposing your skin to hot water/steam too long can dry/irriate the skin. use warm or luke-warm water in the shower and try not to masturbate or stay too long in the shower.-dry or rough hands or long/sharp fingernails. check your hands to make sure they aren't too dry or rough. if so, use a mild hand cream daily until they soften. if nails are too long or sharp, cut them properly so they dont have sharp edges, if need be, file them to get them smooth.-dirty hands. before masturbating or touching your penis, make sure you don't have any types of chemicals, germs or any substance which can irritate your penis. wash your hands before masturbating.-masturbating too hard, fast and frequently. take a break, take it slow, use a lighter touch.-If you need lubrication while you masturbate, use petroleum jelly (aka vaseline) or mineral oil (aka baby oil), which are safest because they are natural and contain no irritating or drying substances.If you follow these reccomendations and the problem doesn't go away or gets worse, you should go to the doctor, as it could be some more serious skin issue (such as eczema) or an STD (if you're sexually active).Good luck dude.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 1, 2009
    • 07:41 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement