Discussions By Condition: Back conditions

Excruciating Pain STANDING UP ??

Posted In: Back conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: axelrose
  • December 17, 2008
  • 07:45 PM

Excruciating Pain STANDING UP ??

I have a moderate pain in the area just where your lower spine and the TOP of your buttocks begins. After sitting for any time more than 15 minutes, if I decide to simply STAND UP from the chair I get a pain in that area that is simply off the charts! It is such a pain that I am forced to make audible noises to relive some of the pain.

Anyway, it keeps getting worse and now if takes no even a minute of sitting to cause that pain. I'm already under treatment for Degenerative Joint Disorder and have MRI's of my thoracic and lumbar regions both showing the DJD is moderate to bad. I'm already taking both MS CONTIN and PERCOCET for the pain I was already getting from the DJD, now I need those meds more because of this condition.

My Doctor calls this condition Coccygodynia:eek:, or the tail-bone connected to the end of my spine. He says my EXISTING DJD is what has caused this new Coccygodynia condition.

I also have Hips that hurt when standing, walking, twisting and knees on occasion just go mad with pain. Then sometimes I get better for 3 days, then back to pain.

But specifically about this Coccygodynia deal. Is there anything I can do? Would sitting on a pillow help? More meds? what?:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement