Discussions By Condition: Back conditions

Excruciating Pain STANDING UP ??

Posted In: Back conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: axelrose
  • December 17, 2008
  • 07:45 PM

Excruciating Pain STANDING UP ??

I have a moderate pain in the area just where your lower spine and the TOP of your buttocks begins. After sitting for any time more than 15 minutes, if I decide to simply STAND UP from the chair I get a pain in that area that is simply off the charts! It is such a pain that I am forced to make audible noises to relive some of the pain.

Anyway, it keeps getting worse and now if takes no even a minute of sitting to cause that pain. I'm already under treatment for Degenerative Joint Disorder and have MRI's of my thoracic and lumbar regions both showing the DJD is moderate to bad. I'm already taking both MS CONTIN and PERCOCET for the pain I was already getting from the DJD, now I need those meds more because of this condition.

My Doctor calls this condition Coccygodynia:eek:, or the tail-bone connected to the end of my spine. He says my EXISTING DJD is what has caused this new Coccygodynia condition.

I also have Hips that hurt when standing, walking, twisting and knees on occasion just go mad with pain. Then sometimes I get better for 3 days, then back to pain.

But specifically about this Coccygodynia deal. Is there anything I can do? Would sitting on a pillow help? More meds? what?:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• When you stand from a sitting position, this compresses the facet joints and causes pain if you have arthritis in that area. Are you taking an anti-inflammatory? Have you had any injections done? Narcotics can help to some degree, but certainly aren't the long term answer, nor the most effective treatment for joint pain.
    jenn96rn 14 Replies
    • December 30, 2008
    • 02:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • When you stand from a sitting position, this compresses the facet joints and causes pain if you have arthritis in that area. Are you taking an anti-inflammatory? Have you had any injections done? Narcotics can help to some degree, but certainly aren't the long term answer, nor the most effective treatment for joint pain.I'm taking those 10/325 percocets and 60 mg morphine continuous pills for pain. I take 2 of those 60mg MS CONTINS daily & 6-10 of those Percocets daily for pain, spreading it out every 4-5 hours.I tried the epidural spinal injections for the region in the lower lumbar in the past, took 3 injections. I never felt more than 14-20 days worth of pain relief.Plus they give you a 6:00 am appointment, tell you no food/drink after midnight and end up not doing the injection until noon, 4 hrs after you arrived like they told you to do. It's called Coccyx pain. The URL about it is here http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/coccyx_pain.htmSitting on a pillow and taking morphine and percocet seem to be the best for now...I will get injections I guess when I either pass out from pain, which is soon, or I am unable to stand from a chair or sofa without the most pain I've ever had in my entire life.thanks
    axelrose 66 Replies
    • December 30, 2008
    • 05:06 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi,I am having the same thing what you have told,intense pain while standing up after sitting for more than even 5 minutes.I find it very difficult to get up in bus or other public places.Please help me if any exercises or remedies you have found out if any.Thanks,FemiI'm taking those 10/325 percocets and 60 mg morphine continuous pills for pain. I take 2 of those 60mg MS CONTINS daily & 6-10 of those Percocets daily for pain, spreading it out every 4-5 hours.I tried the epidural spinal injections for the region in the lower lumbar in the past, took 3 injections. I never felt more than 14-20 days worth of pain relief.Plus they give you a 6:00 am appointment, tell you no food/drink after midnight and end up not doing the injection until noon, 4 hrs after you arrived like they told you to do. It's called Coccyx pain. The URL about it is here http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/coccyx_pain.htmSitting on a pillow and taking morphine and percocet seem to be the best for now...I will get injections I guess when I either pass out from pain, which is soon, or I am unable to stand from a chair or sofa without the most pain I've ever had in my entire life.thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • No treatments except to say you could get a EPIDURAL or SI injection every 3 to 6 months giving relief for 6 to 10 relief for me.Mine was the SI injection of the drug KENELOG ,a steroid. Injected near th uper crack of your buttocks. I'm sure you can research more from there.http://www.drugs.com/mtm/kenalog-10-injection.htmlGood Luck and believe me you Aren't alone in this!
    axelrose 66 Replies Flag this Response
  • I would recommend seeing a physiotherapist for assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the underlying cause of your difficulty standing after sitting if you haven't already. One of the most common clinical causes of this complaint is a lumbar disc bulge although it could be due to other conditions such as coccydynia, spinal degeneration, facet joint sprain etc. You may be interested in checking out the above links for detailed information. Hope that helps and good luck, PhysioAdvisorwww.PhysioAdvisor.com.au
    PhysioAdvisor 93 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi. Ive had similarexperiences. Ive had a number of knee injuries. I had surgury on knee in 08 for knee locking and patellar sublixation. After surgury, my knee/leg has not gone straight again. Ive been in pt for past two years trying get it straight. Ive been unable stand for long periods since or walk far w out a walker or cart in store for instance. I exercise every day, n im seeing a wonderful phisiologist but its still been a long, long recovery. During allthis all drs n pts say how tight my muscels are, mostly lower extremities but no one has an anwer!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement