Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Red spots on legs and they're spreading

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 17, 2008
  • 07:10 PM

I've consulted the different ressources on this site (even though red spots are a very common sympton, making it hard to find an answer) and read a couple of old topics, but no luck, so I'll ask flat out.

I have had red spots on my feet and lower legs for over 2 years. They're right under the skin, randomly distributed, flat with no swelling or rash. New ones are red but they turn brown over time.

It started in 2006 and I went to the doctor almost immediately. She had no clue what it was and she refered me to a dermatologist. He on the other hand seemed to think it was nothing (used a long word I can't remember) and recommended some sort of UV light treatment which I did receive, but it had no effect. There was also a more expensive laser treatment, but I refused since, like the UV light treatment, it was merely cosmetic and was not a cure.

I still don't parfticularly care about how my legs look, but I would really like it to stop. I'm also wondering if perhaps this is a symptom to something more serious (it's not lyme disease, I've read about the symptons, they don't match) and if perhaps I was initially misdiagnosed

I am generally a healthy man otherwise in his mid-30s. There's some history of Alzheimer's and heart disease in my family but I don't think it is related. However, one nagging suspicion is that I'm not too active and I've grown slightly overweight in recent years with above normal blood pressure. It roughly coincides with the red spots, but could it be related?

If needed, I can provide photos of the red spots.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement