Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Little itchy foot bumps

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: lyzzylou
  • December 16, 2008
  • 08:19 AM

I have weird bumps on the bottom of my feet. They aren't there all the time and not usually more than 3 or 4 at a time. It feels like it is a little tiny BB deep inside and it gradually works it's way out to the skin. While it's inside it hurts when walking but if I push on it with my fingers it itches like crazy. Like so bad it can almost make me cry. When they get somewhat close to the surface I can actually squeeze them and it will work it's way faster to the surface. Sometimes that can take a day or two. Once it's broken the surface it just looks like a little piece of skin. And it heals right away and then is gone. They don't come back in the same places. Or at least not that I've noticed. It can take several days to a week for each one to start and then work itself out. Two different doctors said they've never seen anything like it and don't have a clue. Skin lotions don't do any, neither does any antifungal. I have a little nerve bump on the palm of my hand that I've had for years. It's always been in the same spot and doesn't go away. If I scratch it too hard it will come off. The ones on my feet feel similar.

Anyone have any ideas about what these foot bumps might be?

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• Are you on any medication?:)
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • December 16, 2008
    • 03:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Only Zoloft.
    lyzzylou 2 Replies
    • December 16, 2008
    • 04:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Has anyone mentioned Darier disease? It's pretty rare & may not be what you have. Try here: http://wrongdiagnosis.com/d/darier_disease/intro.htm You should really see a knowledgeable dermatologist if you haven't already.
    aquila 1,263 Replies
    • December 16, 2008
    • 05:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • OMG! That really looks like it might be what this is. All of the photos I found online are much more dramatic and intense than what this looks like. But it certainly could be in the early stages or something. I have a dr apt for something else in a few days. I'm going to have her refer me to a dermatologist.Thanks!
    lyzzylou 2 Replies
    • December 16, 2008
    • 05:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Read the tiny rx details next time you pick up your Zoloft; sounds like it could be a rare side effect. You could ask your pharmacist to research it for you.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • December 17, 2008
    • 00:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • [HI, read your simptoms today and I think I have very similar condition on one foot now recurring after some time being quiet (used steroid ointment).Little pimple in the skin of the foot quite invisible but can be felt on touch, gets sore if walking barefoot and if scratched Itches like crazy. Have you found out what it is, cause I have no idea....doctors thought it was fungus and I used fluconazole but nothing happened much and now its back...:confused:
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 23, 2010
    • 10:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same thing. i dont know what it is and nothing works except calomine lotion or gold bond itch powder. it reoccurs many times. mostly during the winter.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 27, 2010
    • 03:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing, except not painful when walking. My doctor said it was dryness caused by using alcohol on my feet after showering at the gym. I've stopped that type of hygiene and have been using lubricating lotions as he suggested but see no improvement. He said he wld send me to a dermotologist but doesn't think they would have a solution and I would end up buying expensive sauves that won't work. I'm convinced it's something I picked up at the gym. Not on meds. A new set is working it's way to the top.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 26, 2010
    • 06:22 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I sometimes get these too. There are all kinds of nasty foot and skin conditions to pick up everywhere. In the winter, it is worse because your feet are enclosed more and there is all kinds of nasty bacteria to flourish.I soak my feet in salt water as often as possible because I find if I have any skin irritants including these foot bumps, one or two days in the ocean clears it all. It drys it up and heals it. I had eczema for a summer and it was horrible and no medication did anything really. But when I went into the ocean (super salt water) it cleaned it all up after a few days. I know this may not work for everyone, but it did for me and I have super sensitive skin. I suggest spending a day in the sun and ocean. a whole day. or a few days. Meanwhile, soaking feet in sea salts or epson salts works well. just not as powerful. good luck. Enjoy the beach.
    pheasant 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I too have extremely itchy bumps that keep appearing on my left foot. They drive me nuts and nothing seems to help. After the itch subsides they can be quite uncomfortable and painful. Only my left foot gets them. Usually under or between my toes or the sides of my big toe. Getting really frustrated with it now. Dr said athletes foot but I've researched online and it's nothing like it.Just when I think they've gone they reappear! Anyone have an answer?
    Anonymous 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement