Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Why am i losing weight?

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: kodolistro
  • December 10, 2008
  • 02:54 PM

Hi all here is my story months back id say around 4months or so i noticed myself start to lose weight around my mid section for no apparent reason i.e ribs begginning to show, firstly it started with two so i thought nothing of it due to me having a fair amount of muscle due to going to the gym.

Then as the months went on i began losing weight for no apparrent reason my diet is fine, i also do not take drugs. So i visited the doctor explained what was wrong they sent me for a blood test although did not weigh me. Blood test came back everything was okay. So i thought nothing of it although i still blatently losing weight i began to lose muscle on my back, arms, shoulders, chest etc so i knew something was wrong. So i revisited the doctors he stated i was an unhealthy weight for my age and size asked me if i had any symptoms although i did not.

So i returned 3 weeks later and had lost 4lbs in 2 weeks in that time i had lost weight around my joints elbows were alot bonier so were shoulders and knees. I had also lost alot of weight off my forearms and elbows so i went for a blood test anda chest x ray and returned 3 weeks later which was yesterday. Because i had stayed exactly the same weight the "doctor said what do you want us to do for you?" although i was still an unhealthy weight for my age and bmi wasnt suited either. So i said i know im still losing weight around my joints etc i can see it i had also started to lose weight off my legs top and bottom now so i personally know this isnt normal and he said i cant do anything because you have no symptoms.

Now im in the position that i believe this doctor is trying to fob me off due to past comments etc i know theres something wrong with me i cant wear a tshirt without it sticking to my ribcage and showing evidently that i am skinny and have only skin surrounding my ribcage, i am very insecure about my weight now and appearence and all the doctor has said is leave it another month and i fear by that time ill look like a skeleton and be nowhere near a reason for my weight loss?

Please help if you can i could really use it thanks all for listening

Richard
:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement