Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Constant pain on left side of abdomen, worse after eating

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 7, 2008
  • 05:07 PM

Hi, My name is liz, I’m 38 y.o. I hope someone can help me on this forum, because I’m at wits’ end. I have been having a pain on my left side for a year now. The pain is located just under the ribcage to the left, and it aches all the time, sometimes is more dull, others more sharp. The only constant is that it immediately gets worst when I eat, like 20 seconds after I eat. Sometimes it's so bad, I can't lay on my left side.
Sometimes after eating I also feel very shaky. I’ve done blood tests, x-rays, ecographies to my all my abdominal area. I had my pancreas checked. I had a endoscopy, and nothing. My gastroenterologist says it’s stress, and because of that I possibly have IBS. The thing is not all the IBS symptoms fit in, and the tablets for IBS haven’t help either. I wonder if someone has ever had a problem like this? Thanks for any input.
Liz

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I am here trying to find a diagnosis/treatment for my wife for the same exact thing. It has been almost two years for her. We have had multiple MRI/CT scan, an IVP/ pancreas panels/KUB/multiple blood draws etc. and nothing. We have an appointment for the 21st for the gastroenterologist. Hoping something comes of it. My wife literally has to make herself get sick after she eats if she doesn't go to sleep right after because the pain is so bad. Let me know if you find anything and ditto 4 us
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 4, 2014
    • 03:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You may want to try drinking thyme tea (to help with digestion) on a regular basis and some enzymes before meals.
    You may be having difficulty with digestive enzymes.
    Eat a little fruit high in enzymes like Pineapple, Pears, Peaches, and Papaya before meals may also help.
    Friend 1 Replies
    • October 4, 2014
    • 06:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Also centaury herb may be of benefit.
    Friend 1 Replies
    • October 4, 2014
    • 06:11 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement