Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Feels like my body is shutting down.... :(

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jilliankma
  • December 2, 2008
  • 11:18 PM

I'm 23 years old this all started only when i smoked, i'd smoke a cig the first couple drags i would what it seemed like lost control of every muscle even my breathing muscles so it felt as if i wasn't breathing for that moment. It is very scary cause your mind is aware of what is going on but have no control of your body, i have developed a lot of depression and anxiety because of this because i have found no answers to why this happened. This all happened to me several years ago i quit about 3 years ago and just recently i've experienced it even without smoking! It happened in stressful situations, for example there was a bat in my house hovering over me and i felt like i could not protect myself because i lost that control, when i my body snaps out of it i am very shaky and scared. People keep telling me its anxiety, well ive seen 3 therapists 2 psychiatrists i have taken zoloft, paxil, xanax, prozac, colonapin over the past years.Nothing is helping a few months back i started developing heart palpitations after a month they disappeared.This past month i started developing muscle spasms in my feet,hands,face, mouth,stomach throat,thighs.. basically everywhere they are happening as we speak and they are very annoying. Sometimes i have the feeling like it is going to happen.. the losing control all day long whether i am at home relaxing to helping pt's at work. I am currently seeing a neurologist and taking colonapen which isn't doing anything. I had a emg and nerve conduction test, i called for the results and the ma said my lower extremities came back abnormal..? what does that mean i'm scared.I have an appt for him to explain results but i know hes gonna says everything is fine because he has his mind set on anxiety after only speaking to him for 5 mins the first appt. I've tried everything i still have these feelings i feel like i am running out of time and my muscles are just wasting away. I just feel so hopeless the pain and feelings are so strong. I cannot go on living life like this. My other symptoms are aches in upper arms and both thighs, buzzing in the back of my head crackling noises when i turn my head, stiff joints, extreme difficulty breathing like i need to make myself breath and forget to breath, my brain feels as if it is weak or being lazy and my throat, i also have memory problems and trouble talking. Sometimes the light in the room would get dim and slowly it would adjust back to normal lighting.I've told the neurologist all of this and it still did not strike him as abnormal. i just went to the hospital a couple days ago my blood results came back normal they did a ct scan and that came back normal.I'm not sure what else to do i thought of everything and seen so many dr's about this and nothing. I would just like to know what other people with the same problem have be diagnosed with and some insight on what else more i can do.
Thank you so much for your time in reading this. :(

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement