Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Mottled/Marbled skin...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: thepugilist
  • December 2, 2008
  • 06:44 PM

Hello, I am concerned about something that you may be able to answer here on this forum. The thing is, I have marbled/mottled skin on the top of my hands, sometimes slightly mottled pattern on my arms and particulary my thighs. I have had this for as long as I can remember and I've been active in sports (boxing and soccer), but lately I've been pretty inactive and it has not had an effect at all.

When I rub my hands the mottled patterns disappear and the hands look normal, my blood veins are quite visible on my hands when I rest my arms.. when I lift them up they look "healthier" if you will.
The marbled/mottled patterns also disappear when I am taking a shower, so I have concerns that this may be related to my blood circulation.

I don't think I have a heart condition, I've never had any problems in my sports, I had good conditioning but it's gotten worse with my inactivity (ala spending time in front of my computer)

I am 20 years old, I weigh 68-70kilo's (approximately 150-155lbs).
My diet is not very good at all, I miss breakfast every other day or so, and I eat only twice a day on average.

So now the question is, what can this be?

I am greatful for any response.
Dear friends, kind regards.

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Nobody? :(
    thepugilist 2 Replies
    • December 2, 2008
    • 11:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i googled marble skin and came up with these which might be what you are describing:http://www.drhull.com/EncyMaster/C/cutis_marmorata.htmlhttp://dermis.net/dermisroot/en/42766/diagnose.htm
    alsonotadoctor 12 Replies
    • December 3, 2008
    • 05:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i googled marble skin and came up with these which might be what you are describing:http://www.drhull.com/EncyMaster/C/cutis_marmorata.htmlhttp://dermis.net/dermisroot/en/42766/diagnose.htmThank you, interesting read.It says it will disappear with adolesence, yet I am an adult.I have booked an appointment with my doctor about this, he said it's nothing to worry about but he will check it out.
    thepugilist 2 Replies
    • December 4, 2008
    • 07:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I AM A 13 YEAR OLD WHO ALSO SUFFERS FROM MARBLED SKIN.IN MOST CASES ITS CALLED LIVEDO RETICULARIS OR LIVEDO VASCULITIS.IT CAN BE CAUSED BY A NUMBER OF CONDITIONS RHEUMATOID ARTHRItiS,SLE(LUPUS),SNEDDONS SYNDROME,DERMATOMYOSISTIS,LYMPHOMA OR LUEKEMIA, AND MANY OTHER DISEASES ect. I have been going throught tests for the past year and a half and have yet to get a diagnosis. i have gone throught bone marrow aspirations,skin biopsy's, ANA(antinuclear anti body tests.My symptoms:I have a high sed rate(93), low white blood cell counts, gottrons papules,pain weakness,fatigue,livedo reticularis like rash that goes away when warm,raynauds phenomanon,seasonal allergies,asthma,red face,low body temperature and nearsightedness. i am a normal hieght and wieght 5 foot 2 and 93 pounds.i see my rhuematologist on december 29 2008,I hope youu get better and its nothing life threatning
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 6, 2008
    • 03:15 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I just read your message and i have the same issue, ive been seeking doctors and cant get answers? have you? I certaintly dont think its normal. when im laying down it looks healthy and beautful, as soon as a stand up its horrible! Let meknow if you know anything more about itthank you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I just read your message and i have the same issue, ive been seeking doctors and cant get answers? have you? I certaintly dont think its normal. when im laying down it looks healthy and beautful, as soon as a stand up its horrible! Let meknow if you know anything more about itthank youIm not sure how to go about it anymore. when i seek my doctor they tell me its fine stop looking at yourself so much. Do you have pain with this issue by any chance ?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Im not sure how to go about it anymore. when i seek my doctor they tell me its fine stop looking at yourself so much. Do you have pain with this issue by any chance ?Hello, I was wondering if you ever found out what was causing the problems with your hands. I have the same issue. My hands are mottled upon standing etc.Johnjkiselak@gmail.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 22, 2009
    • 05:12 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement