Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Headache, Fever, Weakness in extremities, etc

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: DanC125
  • November 26, 2008
  • 04:47 AM

For the last 6 days I have been sick, my symptoms are as follows:

-Headache: Dull pain in the base of my head, and also around my eyes (maybe the eyes themselves? i cant tell), along with a lesser pain throughout my entire head. Does not respond to 600mg ibuprofen very much at all.

-Fever: When not on the ibuprofen the fever is around 101-103 and has spiked at 105.2, on ibuprofen it is down around normal temperatures and 100, taken with an ear thermometer.

-Weakness in Limbs: My legs feel pretty weak, but not massively so, enough for me to notice and have a harder time climbing stairs and such. My arms also feel weak but to a lesser extent

-Rash: I had a kind of pink splotchy rash all over my torso and arms yesterday (gone today), it didn't itch, hurt, etc.

-General tiredness for the last week

-Loss of appetite: Haven't really gotten the urge to eat anything, and when i feel hungry sometimes i just don't want to eat.

Info about me:

-5'10" 169 lbs
-Strep is negative, both tests
-Blood test came back negative for mononucleosis
---Showed a low white count, liver and kidney function is normal
-Chest X-ray today, should know about it tomorrow
-Only taking 600mg ibuprofen every 6 hours as instructed by the doctor

Any help is appreciated, my doctor doesn't know what it is

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• No idea what you have but just wanted to say you might do better at getting rid of your headache by taking OTC Migraine Headache formula. It contains Acetaminophen, Aspirin, and caffeine. Ibuprofen does absolutely nothing for my headaches, but this headache formula does. Be sure to check with your doctor and make sure it is okay first.
    halal37 96 Replies
    • November 26, 2008
    • 02:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the reply, ironically it seems to be getting a bit better now, though its still disconcerting to have this and not know what it is. Hopefully it'll be gone soon and go away for good.
    DanC125 1 Replies
    • November 26, 2008
    • 05:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My mother and i have also suffered these same symptoms. She is elderly and i do my best to take care of her, it seems she is more effected by these side effects than i am i don't know what caused them but we both woke up with throbbing headaches weak limps and pain around our eye sockets. My eye lids also itched severely, and she had stiffness in her neck and around her shoulders. While my headache seemed mild i had to prepare a cold rag and two aspirin for hers, even this helped very little. We didn't have any signs of redness on our rash on our torso. I have scheduled to see a doctor if i find anything i'll be sure to let you know.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement