Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Hot burning face?

Posted In: Skin conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 23, 2008
  • 01:29 AM

Just a week ago, my face started to feel like it was burning all over, and particularly my cheeks. There is no itching, just burning.

I looked in the mirror expecting my face to be blood red, but it looks the same as usual.

I have no other symptoms. I am past menopause but still get hot flashes that feel nothing like this. This is confined to my face only, to the point where I'm grabbing any cool objects nearby and pressing them against my cheeks.

I'm sure I'll be seeing my doctor soon but am just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Yes - I have the same. Its tarted around June/ July thsi year. It is not too bad in teh mornings and sometimes if I am in a cool environment for the day, is not too bad at the end of it. Have you ahd any otehr symptoms - like hot eyes and feeling of pressure behind the nose?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 24, 2008
    • 01:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the reply.Yes, I find it gets worse at night for some reason. Have you seen a doctor about this, since it's been going on so long?No other symptoms here, but I think when my face is really hot, the rest of my skin feels hot too, but no sweating accompanies it.I'm just puzzled how it started so suddenly.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 25, 2008
    • 06:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow. I get the same way. I think my problem is related to stopping an ssri. I noticed it when I stopped. I noticed that my face feels hot. Have you had a minor fever with yours? I've noticed mine jump from normal up to 99.7. My skin all over feels hot, but it's most noticeable on my face. I have no symptoms other than the mild fever, which doesn't always reflect as hot as I feel. My face doesn't get red. I wish I knew how to stop it. It's uncomfortable!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi,Actually i am facing a problem that is when i run or walk may be 2-3 miles, my whole face becomes red and i can feel heat oozing out of my body.What's this?
    jacky0403 30 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement