Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

weakness and coldness in just right arm

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: theindiandream
  • November 17, 2008
  • 08:54 AM

im a 21 year old male. i smoke. dont exercise alot. have and probably still have asthma.

on 11/12/08 i was sitting at home with some friends and i had been playing guitar for about 45 minutes. after that my right arm started feeling cold and real weak. and for the past 5 days my right arm and hand been slightly colder than the left at times. also my arm still feels somewhat heavier but loose feeling if that makes sense. it also gets wore out easily. the only other thing is that i feel sort of cloudy headed and its hard to focus at times.

the day it happened i did have a very stressful day and my nerves and anxiety have always been bad.

at 1st i thought it could be a stroke but counted that out since my face isnt droopy or anything. then i thought it could be bad circulation because my arm was colder and the veins on my right arm didnt "pop out" like those on my left, which is normal for me.

whenever i take a hot bath or shower my arm feels more relaxed. over the past few days its seemed to get some strength back and isnt as cold at times. its more now in the back of the hand and the fingers. my left hand is just getting pains in it more than likely from the cold because it is about 30 out.

so after all this i checked to see what could be wrong online. i found out it could be a million things. from diabetes-arhtritis-circulation-heart attack-multiple sclerosis-

does anyone have any clue what it sounds the most like? could it quite possibly be due to nerves and stress? does it sound more like a heart, brain, nerve. or muscle disorder?

im going to get it checked out on tuesday. im not looking forward to it im quite nervous. since it could be one or more of so many things. i just need the closure and to see what could help it.

Thanks so much.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement