Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

regarding anxiety, effexor xr, and symptoms

Posted In: Medical Stories 1 Replies
  • Posted By: jentilley
  • November 2, 2006
  • 03:31 AM

i'm posting this because i'm hoping that someone will be able to identify with some of what i've been going through (though i don't wish this on anybody) and perhaps be able to give me some pointers on how to deal with it more effectively.
i was taking effexor xr - 75mg for approx. 2 months, but had to stop because of the "lightning bolt" pains going through my head and the pervasive fatigue that accompanied it.
since quitting, i've still had those same pains in my head (albeit they are worse now) excruciating pain in my jaw (left side, mostly) pain in my wisdom teeth (although they were x-rayed and determined to be fine), partial loss of hearing in my left ear, numbness on the left side of my head/left arm/hand/especially my left thumb.

aside from this there have been moments of pain in my chest, dizziness, feeling faint, issues with determining distance, spots in front of my eyes, concentration issues/memory issues... the list goes on.

finally, (and the latest addition to this is) that my jaw below the gums (near the wisdom teeth) seems to be protruding and is quite painful...along with a dark redness just in front of where my tonsils sit.

my doctor mentioned "upping" the dose of effexor the last time i'd mentioned having issues with it; so bringing this up at this point is moot... yet, on the bright side, i begin to see a new doctor in the new year.

so, if anyone has had experience (or heard of another whose had this experience), i would really appreciate learning what i can and taking solace in not feeling as though i'm the only one who has been through such an ordeal. and it would be beneficial in tiding me over until i can see this new doctor in the new year.

appreciate any info. you may have, and look forward to any replies.

Sincerely,
J. Tilley

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• You are not the only one, I also am taking effexor 75mgs for 2 years now. I have the same symtoms, the lighting bolt head pains mostly on the left side of my head, headaches follow sometimes lasting a week, pin point chest pains and back pains, weakness, just recently, lightening bolt flash of light in my head with no sound or pain waking me up in the middle of the night. I have trouble concentrating and staying on task. I am going back to the doctor with a copy of this.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 11, 2007
    • 00:36 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement