Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Diaphram & Left Shoulder Pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: hallierae
  • November 2, 2006
  • 00:21 AM

HELP! I had the lap band weight loss surgery 12/14/05. I've had great success at weight loss with this procedure. In Feb. 2006 I was taken to the hospital with horrible left upper pain (right under my left breast) and left shoulder pain. I was in tears from the pain and thought I was having a heart attack. After many tests on my heart they proceded to take CT's of my abdomen, etc. Nothing wrong. They tell me it must be my Lap band. I see my surgeon who tells me the band is fine - that is not it. Since the initial onset of this in Feb. I have had a round of this pain about every 6 weeks. It comes and goes for no apparent reason. I've had this pain now for 6 days. It hurts worse when I breath deep, cought, sneeze, yawn, etc....anything that makes my left lung size increase I guess. I suspect the left shoulder pain is radiating pain from the other area. I did not have this pain before the lap band - that makes me think it is the band. But my surgeon has done hundreds of these and has never seen this before. He has carefully looked at my band with a scope and can find no reason I would be having this severe pain. I tried posting on lap band sites but nobody replied to my email :(. Someone help me please.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement