Discussions By Condition: Allergies

Allergic to my wife?

Posted In: Allergies 2 Replies
  • Posted By: t_s_billy
  • November 12, 2008
  • 03:21 AM

I think I might be allergic to my wife. After we have sex I get a rash (reddish bumps with a white interior) over my chest, stomach, arms, neck, & groin. Pretty much anywhere our skin touches. The rash causes a pretty mild itch, but it is starting to drive me crazy. The symptoms also occur if I just sleep in the same bed or use a pillow that she has. I've had to sleep in another room at night. It sucks! I saw a dermatologist and he gave me tetracycline and periactin and neither has done a thing to help. This symptoms started about 6 months ago. My wife was 5 months pregnant at the time. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? This is really frustrating for me and for her.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Probably allergic to something she is using, but you are not, like perfume, soap, body lotion etc.
    Dial999 6 Replies
    • November 19, 2008
    • 01:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I was going to say the same thing. Check the fragrances of her deodorant and soaps or perfume and see if one of those make you feel ill. ;)
    AshleyHH 45 Replies
    • November 19, 2008
    • 11:31 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement