Discussions By Condition: Allergies

Allergic to my wife?

Posted In: Allergies 2 Replies
  • Posted By: t_s_billy
  • November 12, 2008
  • 03:21 AM

I think I might be allergic to my wife. After we have sex I get a rash (reddish bumps with a white interior) over my chest, stomach, arms, neck, & groin. Pretty much anywhere our skin touches. The rash causes a pretty mild itch, but it is starting to drive me crazy. The symptoms also occur if I just sleep in the same bed or use a pillow that she has. I've had to sleep in another room at night. It sucks! I saw a dermatologist and he gave me tetracycline and periactin and neither has done a thing to help. This symptoms started about 6 months ago. My wife was 5 months pregnant at the time. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? This is really frustrating for me and for her.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Probably allergic to something she is using, but you are not, like perfume, soap, body lotion etc.
    Dial999 6 Replies
    • November 19, 2008
    • 01:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I was going to say the same thing. Check the fragrances of her deodorant and soaps or perfume and see if one of those make you feel ill. ;)
    AshleyHH 45 Replies
    • November 19, 2008
    • 11:31 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement