Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Small blisters in the groin area

Posted In: Skin conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: MrWorried
  • November 11, 2008
  • 07:03 PM

Hi there,

I'm a 32 man and over the last 3 weeks I've had reoccurring small blisters (around 2-3 mm) on one side of my groin area. There have been a maximum of 4/5 at the same time and they're spread out (not in clusters).

They are not painful and when they burst they just leave a red mark then disappear. There is no discharge from them neither do they scab over. Whilst they're not painful they are a little discomforting. I'm in an monogamous 6 year relationship so I don't think it's genital herpes, plus the symptoms don't really match what's described online. Neither is it the correct area.

Can anybody shed some light on to what is causing this and what it could be?

Any thoughts or help much appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Hi Mr. Worried. Unfortunately I have a similar condition that is usually brought on by heat, like a heat rash. I typically notice it after I exercise or just get hot and sweaty from yard work, etc. I sweat a lot and have an over abundance of hair in my groin area -more than what is on my head:). Anyway, I've tried shaving which didn’t seem to help much -just caused itching. The best solution I have found is using an antiperspirant in the area that breaks out. I've tried all sorts of creams and ointments but the antiperspirant works best. I use Mitchim gel but any kind should work. This is assuming that what you are experiencing is not directly on the penis. If that’s the case, then ignore what I said about the antiperspirant . Get it checked by a doctor. My ex-wife gave me herpes and if that is what you have then you would you know it!! It is very painful and it drains a clear fluid. Not something I'm most proud of but I couldn’t help she is a reverse porcupine (if she had more sticking out of her than she had stuck in her, she’d look like a porcupine). Hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 12, 2008
    • 08:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like herpes; you should have one of the blisters analyzed or you can go in for a blood test, and your lady, too...herpes 2 IgM and herpes 2 IgG..people don't know they have it and spread it...the partner could have had it for years and not had any symptoms (so they say)...I would insist that the partner get the blood test. If yours is IgM, and hers is IgG, then she gave it to you...wait and see if you're positive, first..
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 18, 2008
    • 04:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi there,I'm a 32 man and over the last 3 weeks I've had reoccurring small blisters (around 2-3 mm) on one side of my groin area. There have been a maximum of 4/5 at the same time and they're spread out (not in clusters).They are not painful and when they burst they just leave a red mark then disappear. There is no discharge from them neither do they scab over. Whilst they're not painful they are a little discomforting. I'm in an monogamous 6 year relationship so I don't think it's genital herpes, plus the symptoms don't really match what's described online. Neither is it the correct area. Can anybody shed some light on to what is causing this and what it could be?Any thoughts or help much appreciated.Thanks :)Try wearing loose underwear or NO underwear for a couple of days. You might notice things get more air and the moisture levels go down in that area. Moisture is the breading ground for most all bacteria in the groin region.Good luck and PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT FOR YOU:)
    axelrose 66 Replies
    • November 22, 2008
    • 03:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • sounds like Hidradenitis_suppurativa, google it... alot of info, not a sti or anything serious
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement