Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

34 yr old with extreme fatigue, night sweats and much more

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: c1pearson
  • November 11, 2008
  • 04:38 PM

I am a very frustrated cookie. I have had flu like symptoms for over a year- runny nose every day- fatigue- extreme night sweats almost every night that soak the bed. Joint pain in my wrists and fingers- fingers always cold sometimes kinda burn. Nose sores inside my nose.
I am only 34 years old- I went to the Dr.s and they at first thought it was Lymphoma but then said no that my blood count was ok- even though my RBC was low. Then went to a ENT because I had swollen lymphnodes and he did surgery and said once he got in there he didn't see any- even though you could visably see them sticking out.
I have been tested and do not have HIV- I have tested positive for have EPV at one time in my life. I am so frustrated and can't get answers.
I am so tired all the time and none of the above symptoms are going away- anyone with any advice?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• What you are describing could be a lot of things. Since your PCP and ENT can’t find anything wrong with you, it is time to be examined by a n infectious disease doctor. Be sure to check for lyme disease. If she/he comes up with nothing, then visit a rheumatologist. You could have an auto-immune disease. You might have CFIDS, but that diagnosis is made after everything else is ruled out. No matter what is wrong with you, be sure to reduce your stress level. When we are under stress, for whatever reason, our immune system is affected and can’t fight things off. Stress includes anger, bitterness, fear, frustration, etc. All the so-called negative emotions. You need to make sure you are eating well too.
    halal37 96 Replies
    • November 11, 2008
    • 05:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Flu like symptoms for which no cause can be found is quite classical to Chronic fatigue immunity dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS). CFIDS also causes a ton of other symptoms too. I suggest to check out http://wwcoco.com/cfids/bernesx.html Cause they are still developing a diagnostic test for CFIDS (the latest news in this field is there could possibly be a blood test within a year!!! based on the discovery of a new virus in CFIDS patients), a diagnoses is currently only given if ALL other things have been ruled out and you fit the CFIDS diagnostic criteria. 80-90% of CFIDS patients are undiagnosed (as most doctors dont know enough about this illness to be happily diagnosing it).
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • November 12, 2008
    • 02:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You`re already the 4-th women i suggest to check on autoimune conditions (Lupus)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 13, 2008
    • 00:40 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement