Discussions By Condition: Headache

Finger numbness, blurred vision and sometimes headache

Posted In: Headache 12 Replies
  • Posted By: lauren45
  • November 11, 2008
  • 00:57 PM

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me, Im only 20 yrs old but through out my teens Ive experienced a numbness that randomly spreads through my fingers and often eventually to both hands accompanied by like a wavy blindness that means I can see partially and sometimes quite a strong headache like at the minute which is why I wrote in, I have never been been to the doctors for it as it happens quite rarely but it comes about every couple of months maybe and this time I experienced tingling in my face too!!

Just don't want it to be an early indicator of anything more serious??

Hope someone knows sum info!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• Lauren, Got something similar but mostly it happens when its cold but I have experienced it in warm weather as well, I was told it was Reynauds Syndrome, no tingling in the face but vision gets blurred from time to time. Mikwil
    mikwil 2 Replies
    • November 12, 2008
    • 02:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,why don't you get CAT scan of your brain, you might be suffering from aurora of migraine...good luck,Beata Bak
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2009
    • 04:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi. Sounds like migraine to me. I believe the flashes of light is called "aura". Correct me if I'm wrong, though.Thanks.Deb
    lifeslykmusic 2 Replies
    • January 30, 2009
    • 08:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I was getting tingling to my fingers, pain in the back of my head, and I get pain on the crown of my head too. Last summer I got a zig-zag of lights in my eyes that looked like I was seeing through broken glass and I was actually blinded....couldn't see for at least 1/2 hour. With that I felt nauseous and like I was going to pass out or faint. I was getting aura and the doctor told me I was getting migraines but without the headache. I know you are only 20 years old, but you should have it checked before it gets worse...it might be something minor they need to adjust. Also, my problem is more complicated - I have 2 disks in my neck that have small herniations and 2 disks that lost height (but I'm going to be 51). Also, I broke my colarbone 11 years ago and 2 weeks after my surgery is when the pain started on my head. I also have 2 pinched nerves on both sides of my neck in addition. If I can get this pain under control maybe I can live a more useful life to myself and to everyone else. But please, go and have yourself checked out so that you feel better knowing nothing serious is going on. Happy_go_lucky612
    Happy_go_lucky612 5 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think that I have the same thing.I am 21 and I have had this for a while now since I was around 10. I have had an MRI done and nothing was found.My symptoms start as follows:First it is blurred vision in both eyes, it's either specks of blurriness or a line of blurriness. Then I get a pain in the eye and pain on the forehead, then it progresses to numbness in my hands.I have to lie down and sleep for about 8-10 hours for it to go away, and in that time I usually throw up a couple of times.This happens to me about 1-3 time a year. I think that I have figured it out though, it seems to happen when I have a build up of mucus in my sinuses. I typically do not get exhibit the symptoms of a cold (runny nose). Today I took a 12 hour Allegra-D pill and my migraine cleared up in about 5 hours compared to 8-10. I am still feeling some pain on the right side of my head and when I move, but it's nothing compared to before during the migraine. I also did not throw up this time. I used to take ibuprofen, but it seems that allegra-D works better. It works by drying up your sinuses, which gets rid of the mucus for me. The only bad part is that it makes your mouth and nose really dry, and for me, if I drink water it makes my migraine worse. But a little bit of water is okay.During my migraine, I get irritated by noise, lights, and smells. They just make everything worse. Thankfully my roommates understood and keep the noise down today. Unfortunately my apartment neighbor felt like singing very loudly next door.I hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • well recently ive been noticing some numbness in my hands and fingers, im 19 years old, anybody else ever heard of anything like this. I am on the computer sometimes but I dont type alot. normally that leaded to carpal tunnel but I was in construction for a few years, im just thinking nerve damage for me, I just dont want to lose control of my hands
  • I think that I have the same thing.I am 21 and I have had this for a while now since I was around 10. I have had an MRI done and nothing was found.My symptoms start as follows:First it is blurred vision in both eyes, it's either specks of blurriness or a line of blurriness. Then I get a pain in the eye and pain on the forehead, then it progresses to numbness in my hands.I have to lie down and sleep for about 8-10 hours for it to go away, and in that time I usually throw up a couple of times.This happens to me about 1-3 time a year. I think that I have figured it out though, it seems to happen when I have a build up of mucus in my sinuses. I typically do not get exhibit the symptoms of a cold (runny nose). Today I took a 12 hour Allegra-D pill and my migraine cleared up in about 5 hours compared to 8-10. I am still feeling some pain on the right side of my head and when I move, but it's nothing compared to before during the migraine. I also did not throw up this time. I used to take ibuprofen, but it seems that allegra-D works better. It works by drying up your sinuses, which gets rid of the mucus for me. The only bad part is that it makes your mouth and nose really dry, and for me, if I drink water it makes my migraine worse. But a little bit of water is okay.During my migraine, I get irritated by noise, lights, and smells. They just make everything worse. Thankfully my roommates understood and keep the noise down today. Unfortunately my apartment neighbor felt like singing very loudly next door.I hope this helps.I believe I know exactly what you mean. I have had 3 MRI an MRA an Ultra sound of the neck and blood run twice. Everyone says Migraine related but kept focusing on the headache. In my case I may not even notice a headache. I get blurred or a zig zag light streak in one eye, followed by numbness in finger tips which slowly moves up my hand and into either around my eye or throat...Last about 15 min with numbness and then I just sleep for an hour. I have seen many doctors but none of them think it is anything else. I will look into the mucus stuff because my bad allergies could be making it worse!Jessica
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 21, 2010
    • 09:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me, Im only 20 yrs old but through out my teens Ive experienced a numbness that randomly spreads through my fingers and often eventually to both hands accompanied by like a wavy blindness that means I can see partially and sometimes quite a strong headache like at the minute which is why I wrote in, I have never been been to the doctors for it as it happens quite rarely but it comes about every couple of months maybe and this time I experienced tingling in my face too!! This could be a basilar artery migrainehttp://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/b/basilar_artery_migraine/symptoms.htm
    gr8tful 175 Replies
    • November 6, 2010
    • 08:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello,its so relieving to hear someone else has this same thing.I live in Arizona and once a year i get these symtoms: it starts tingling at either left or right hand (usually left)then turns to numbness that travels up the forearm to shoulder then across face,tongue,lips and then usually i can't see(or at least i see black dots on whatever i'm trying to focus on)and then progresses to a very bad headache.Well then usually in about thirty min it all goes away.I have tried going to emergency room but by the time they call my name(hours later)it has already ended.So needless to say hospitals have been no help.Scary though this year 2010 i had one that lasted eight hours long.I think next year i will try again to go to the ER.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2010
    • 04:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I would check for metal toxicity. This often causes the symptoms that you have mentioned.
    jasamuel 1 Replies
    • December 3, 2010
    • 11:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me, Im only 20 yrs old but through out my teens Ive experienced a numbness that randomly spreads through my fingers and often eventually to both hands accompanied by like a wavy blindness that means I can see partially and sometimes quite a strong headache like at the minute which is why I wrote in, I have never been been to the doctors for it as it happens quite rarely but it comes about every couple of months maybe and this time I experienced tingling in my face too!!Just don't want it to be an early indicator of anything more serious??Hope someone knows sum info!!Thanks :)I'm a 16 year old girl, and as I'm typing this, I have a huge headache, and just had numbness and tingling in my left hand and across my upper lip and nose. It's so bizarre and I've never had it happen before. I'm really terrified, to be honest.I am hypoglycemic, and I had a treat earlier that I think gave me the headache, so I took an Aleve. Unfortunately, it didn't help and I got the tingling afterwards. I am of average build, I take care of myself, I eat badly every once in a while though, so I worried a little it might be something alot worse, like a blood clot or something of that nature. I'm hoping it will pass with sleep. This is so frightening, I wonder why the human body is so sensitive to outside factors and influences. Intriguing!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2011
    • 04:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• For the last past two weeks i have experienced very bad headachs extremly painful one week it was my left side of head and this past weeke the right side with the right side headache i notice my left had fingers feeling numbness never happend before what can be going on
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement