Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Left side chest/rib pain/swelling

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: the_one
  • November 1, 2006
  • 07:37 PM

Since July this year I've been having problems, it started as nauseas, weakness, lightheadedness, after a few months I was diagnosed with diabetes but we don't know how long it has been going on since most of the symptoms have actually started about a year ago. My problem, though, is that on my left rib, right below the breast I've been experiencing pains, it started as a pinning kind of pain, then it felt like pressure and after that it was a constant pain so bad i couldn't sleep on that side , at that point I noticed my left rib was sticking out as if it were swollen, it still sticks out and it still hurts at times, for example when I over eat or when I lay on that side and sometimes just randomn pains, sometimes it also feels as if my insides were spasming on that area, could this have something to do with the diabetes or could it be the spleen? I really have no idea what it could be. I talked to a doctor about it and he said it could be a lot of things, that underneath the ribs there's a lot of muscles, tendons, veins etc and could be just anything that is sore, but could this happen for so long? like i said its been going on since around july when I had my first ER visit. I've had chest and torso xrays and none of them showed anytning out of the ordinary but this discomfort continues.

I also want to add that I have usually pretty bad anxiety, just about anything but I don't take any medication for it. Any ideas? If you need more details feel free to ask.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement