Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Over urination, pelvic burning pain - no uti

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Reenie_B
  • November 7, 2008
  • 09:56 AM

I am 27 years of age and single - neva ad children before! For the last 2 years, i've ad frequent urination and a constant burning pain in the butt area! I have carried out a Urinalysis and Urine culture test , that yielded negative results...implying i dont av a UTI!

I am alwais running to the Bathroom after a drink or even wen av not drunk at all! I wake up each morning with a burning pain in the butt and a pain in the left lower abdomen! Doctors first thot it might be a colon problem, i did a Barium Enema and my colon is ok apart from the fact that it is longer than usual! I carried out an STI test that was negative

I am growing impatient with my condition, i nolonger concentrate much on my work and study as before. the pain is very destructing. HELP A FRIEND PLZ!

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Have they investigated your ovaries?have you taken any antibyotics?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 7, 2008
    • 11:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey Med student,thank you very much for your response! I am very very grateful!I did 3 unltrasounds that revealed all was well with my ovaries. IT was once that a cyst was seen but twas inline with my menstrual periods. Are there any particular tests one can do? I have to convince my Doc i guess!Thank you very much God bless
    Reenie_B 2 Replies
    • November 8, 2008
    • 10:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Forgot to say some thing bout the anti biotics!When the UTI results were negative last year in May..my doc put me on Ciproflaxixin and Nitrofurantoin jus incase! But they neva helped.Otherwise, i rarely use antibiotics. I only use diclofenac every month to control my dysmennorhea that leaves me in alot of pain!
    Reenie_B 2 Replies
    • November 8, 2008
    • 11:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • try a blood test for herpes 2; the burning in the butt is one of the most annoying symptoms, along with other burning. It could be a combo, with shingles, too...neither of them need to actually "break out" for them to cause the burning. You were screened for diabetes, too?
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 8, 2008
    • 05:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HI I had the same kind of thing, but my pain is chronic pelvic pain, At first it was just a little irratation in the anal region then it became a burning in the whole pelvic region. I took a steroid shot which makes the pain go away but just masks it because it comes back on and off for 2 and a half years the pain comes back every 5months. Once the steroid shot is wares off, the pain returns. Also went on antibiotics but nothing works. Ive done every test under the sun, blood, urine, tested for lupus type diseases, bacterial dieseases, stds, everything is negative! Did ultrasound test also say their is a normal looking ovarian cyst? WHat the heck! The only answers I am getting is from an Eastern medical doctor who says I have a severe candida infection (sometimes it also inturrupts regularity too). They say cut out carbs and sugar to starve it out. I know it sounds crazy, but It seems like their is no other answer, maybe go see a eastern doctor with a phd.? Are you in so cal? Also the steroid shot stops inflammatiion so at least that will make the pain go away. Let me know if this helps, also if anyone has any insight for me? Please let me know because I am still hurting :( I don't know if it is candida, because apparently it is very hard to get rid of, and takes a long time so recovery is slow
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement