Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sore Adam's Apple

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: ehandlr
  • October 31, 2008
  • 06:18 PM

Good afternoon everyone. I'm hoping you can assist a brand new concerned individual and new member here with a problem.

I'm a 30 year old male and almost 2 weeks ago i started to get a pain..or pressure around my adams apple. For a while it hurt quite bad and gave me a sore throat but not a typical burning sensation sore throat but more of a throbbing pain deeper then your typical sore throat would be.

It is sensative to the touch around the lymph nodes, I am having pain the back of my neck that radiates up to my head as well. Its not necessarily painful to turn my head but i do feel the pressure and tension while doing so.

Now it is possible that this is a sprain I suppose as I did move my neck in a peculiar motion around the beginning of this whole mess that shot a sharp pain up the back of my neck...but for the next 24 hours I was fine and as I said...the muscles don't feel that sore and there is no stiffness.

I am having some depression, fatigue and irratability issues in the past 2 weeks and i can't help but think they are related as I'm not a depressed individual.

I have a doctors appointment on Monday...but as thats a few days away..i was hoping for some help. I appreciate any and all feedback. thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Sounds like a swollen thyroid. Kiera
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 08:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I kind of agree. What could cause and what rememdy are we looking at for such a thing? Let me add that I am over weight, but I go to the gym 5 days a week. I do take, at times, fairly large quantities of whey protein, nitric oxide and creatine.
    ehandlr 2 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 08:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Subacute Thyroiditis explains alot I think?
    ehandlr 2 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 09:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Here is a good link explaining most causes. http://thyroid.about.com/cs/nodulesgoiters/a/nodules.htm
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 11:26 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement