Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sore Adam's Apple

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: ehandlr
  • October 31, 2008
  • 06:18 PM

Good afternoon everyone. I'm hoping you can assist a brand new concerned individual and new member here with a problem.

I'm a 30 year old male and almost 2 weeks ago i started to get a pain..or pressure around my adams apple. For a while it hurt quite bad and gave me a sore throat but not a typical burning sensation sore throat but more of a throbbing pain deeper then your typical sore throat would be.

It is sensative to the touch around the lymph nodes, I am having pain the back of my neck that radiates up to my head as well. Its not necessarily painful to turn my head but i do feel the pressure and tension while doing so.

Now it is possible that this is a sprain I suppose as I did move my neck in a peculiar motion around the beginning of this whole mess that shot a sharp pain up the back of my neck...but for the next 24 hours I was fine and as I said...the muscles don't feel that sore and there is no stiffness.

I am having some depression, fatigue and irratability issues in the past 2 weeks and i can't help but think they are related as I'm not a depressed individual.

I have a doctors appointment on Monday...but as thats a few days away..i was hoping for some help. I appreciate any and all feedback. thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Sounds like a swollen thyroid. Kiera
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 08:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I kind of agree. What could cause and what rememdy are we looking at for such a thing? Let me add that I am over weight, but I go to the gym 5 days a week. I do take, at times, fairly large quantities of whey protein, nitric oxide and creatine.
    ehandlr 2 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 08:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Subacute Thyroiditis explains alot I think?
    ehandlr 2 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 09:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Here is a good link explaining most causes. http://thyroid.about.com/cs/nodulesgoiters/a/nodules.htm
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 11:26 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement