Discussions By Condition: Fertility conditions

am i pregnant if i had my period?

Posted In: Fertility conditions 19 Replies
  • Posted By: lagdesserts
  • October 29, 2008
  • 06:00 AM

Im feelings nauseous and giddy recently. I did not miss my period and it came normal this month but somehow it feels as though it could be symptoms of pregnancy. Am i too paranoid and the nausea and giddiness is due to stress instead? or is it possible to be due to pregnancy?

Reply Flag this Discussion

19 Replies:

• If you have your period you are not pregnant...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 29, 2008
    • 06:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • That is not true...you can be pregnant and still have a period. I know beacuse, my Auntie was pregnant and had her period the whole time she was pregnant.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 1, 2009
    • 00:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I think you should go to see a doctor and get a blood test or something because if you have been getting your periods surely you cant be pregnant. A period is to dispose of an unfertilised egg? so to me it wouldnt make sense for you to be pregnant. Unless its not your period and you are pregnant. you MAY be bleeding from another part of your area? Does that make sence? well i hope i helped.
    Wit3_tig3r 7 Replies
    • January 1, 2009
    • 07:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hello i am starting a gynecology placement soon so i guess i will come across a lot of things like this.... * you can be pregnant and still get your periof first of all.*if you are pregnant and have still been bleeding : you may have thought the bleeding was your period but can be a problem*do a pregnancy test no matter what even if you are bleeding for what ever reason if you are pregnant the test will come up possitive no matter what !* what is your birth control history/ previous periods been like? good luck !
    STUDENTNURSEAIMEE 15 Replies
    • January 11, 2009
    • 03:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm sorry BUT just because you bleed from down there, does not make it your period. A period is when you dispose of an unfertilised EGG. Also just because a test comes up positive does mean your pregnant. For instance it might mean you have cancer. But lets be positive. Also there are mant other reasons why you feel this way. So like i said before do a test and see a doctor whether it is positive or negative.Hope things turn out okay.
    Wit3_tig3r 7 Replies
    • January 11, 2009
    • 11:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It is important to detect early pregnancy, so you can begin prenatal care as soon as possible.Also known as the end of the period, menstrual cycle is considered one of the first signs of pregnancy. http://www.allmothers.net/am-i-pregnant.html However, many women have irregular periods and not realize when they are both women experience late.Many spots of light to heavy vaginal bleeding or approximately 12 days after conception. The changes in your breast also may provide signs of pregnancy until two weeks after conception.Nausea is considered one of the classic symptoms of pregnancy. It is popularly known as morning sickness, but can cause vomiting at any time of day, morning, noon or night.Constipation is another common sign in early pregnancy. At the beginning of pregnancy often have powerful sculpture for certain food. In early pregnancy, blood vessels dilate and blood pressure drops causing dizziness and reduce blood sugar, you may feel lightheaded or dizzy.
    Jehnavi 1 Replies
    • August 23, 2010
    • 05:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ya that true !If you have your period you are not pregnant... Totalhealthguide.net
    totalhealthguide 5 Replies
    • August 30, 2010
    • 04:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It is not always that when you have a period you are not pregnant.You can be pregnant and still have periods..this has happened in some cases but its very uncommon. you need to have a pregnancy test done for sure.
    anthonynelson 6 Replies
    • September 1, 2010
    • 07:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello, this is great article. I have blog and I thanks to say you thanks. Regards!
    likelike0611 4 Replies
    • November 1, 2010
    • 00:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • No you are not a pregnant,I you have any doubt then i suggest you to consult your doctor.
    angelinadiaz 6 Replies
    • November 24, 2010
    • 09:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • 1st of all..... If you think your pregnant, you feel symptoms then you might be. just take a pregnancy test!!!2nd: I found out I was pregnant on my 4th month og pregnancy which meansYES, you can be pregnant and have your period.I also knew someone who didn't even know she was pregnant. She had her normal cycle till one night she suffered from severe cramps and ended up having a baby! It's true....If you have abnormal vaginal bleeding like light red color non stop bleeding then you should be alarmed.But light bleeding, no girls, we all should know our bodies and should know our monthly flow.Anyways.....give us an update girl.:)
    Blueangel 5 Replies
    • November 24, 2010
    • 00:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• What to know you are pregnant or not you need to do a pregnancy test or consult your doctor_____________________Regards from the team Sildenafil, Vardenafil and Kamagra
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2011
    • 02:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You dont have to miss your period.to be pregnant thats some old wives tale kind of like u have to have ur period before u can get pregnant Dr's have now released findings to disprove that. Im a mother of 4 children every time I get pregnant I have that next cycle then every month after that I spot a little. My mother n aunts all had a monthly cycle with thier pregnancies...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • It's sounds strange to me that you can have periods after getting pregnant, but I think those things are pretty much individual, so it's always better to consult your doctor._______________ipad development
    Offelia 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • It actually is possible to have your period and be pregnant. My sister had her period all throughout her pregnancy. I mean everyone is different so for some people, they might not get theirs while others might.
    ShortieMi 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • No, you cannot be pregnant if you have your period . Bleeding during pregnancy is probably caused by implantation bleeding . If you have your period, you're not pregnant .
    GoldenChocolates1991 1 Replies
    • December 1, 2012
    • 08:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • yeah may be you are right. first you should go for clinically test
    saima omer 4 Replies Flag this Response
  • Im feelings nauseous and giddy recently. I did not miss my period and it came normal this month but somehow it feels as though it could be symptoms of pregnancy. Am i too paranoid and the nausea and giddiness is due to stress instead? or is it possible to be due to pregnancy?I don't think you are pregnant.Your miss come is the proof.The symptoms you describe,maybe is because of the stress as you say.Maybe it is only Premenstrual syndrome.
    mildmind 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • That is not true...you can be pregnant and still have a period. I know beacuse, my Auntie was pregnant and had her period the whole time she was pregnant.what kind of pregnancy is this never heard of it...please tell
    fortion 4 Replies
    • August 28, 2013
    • 05:53 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement