Discussions By Condition: Hand conditions

Swelling between knuckles- bi-lateral

Posted In: Hand conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: dizzy lizzie
  • October 27, 2008
  • 03:26 PM

My mom has had localized swelling between the knuckles of her index and middle fingers on the back of both hands for over a week now. She has no pain at all- not in moving, not when touched. Any ideas what this could be?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I have the same symptoms but my swelling is between my second finger, ringer and little finger but mostly between 2nd finger and ring finger. My fingers also swell in the morning to the point it is very difficult to make a fist. If you find out what your mom's diagnosis is I would appreciate any help. I go to the doctor tomorrow. I will keep you posted also.Thanks
    beader2002 1 Replies
    • November 4, 2008
    • 02:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Yep, I'll let you know if we figure anything out. Thanks.
    dizzy lizzie 192 Replies
    • November 4, 2008
    • 03:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms but my swelling is between my second finger, ringer and little finger but mostly between 2nd finger and ring finger. My fingers also swell in the morning to the point it is very difficult to make a fist. If you find out what your mom's diagnosis is I would appreciate any help. I go to the doctor tomorrow. I will keep you posted also.ThanksI would like to know why there is tis swelling between fingers on he back of my hand.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement