Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

high libido

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 12 Replies
  • Posted By: 1german
  • November 1, 2006
  • 02:16 AM

I know this will sound weird, but i am a 22 year old guy, and i want to lower my libido. I dont know of any ways to do this, except to somehow lower my testosterone, or take some kind of drug, such as an anti-depressent that lowers libido as a side-effect. I am very active, and love to run and lift weights, which is why i do not want something that will effect my testosterone levels. Is there any other way that i can lower my libido? I feel like I am going to go crazy, and i dont want people to think of me as some psycho that cant control his sex drive. please help.

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• masterbate!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 1, 2006
    • 05:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • As a 57 yr-old gentleman, with a loving wife and three wonderful kids, I can definitely tell u you are perfectly normal. Masturbate and circulate. Socialize and have fun.Life is grand and a high sex drive is good - but you control it, not the other way around.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 3, 2006
    • 04:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I wish I felt like that, unlike all men, I dont feel so attached to sex... dont know why!! its cool though... so go get some babes!!!
    Sebastian 5 Replies
    • November 6, 2006
    • 00:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Working out may help. It will exhaust you and you will look more attractive to the opposite sex (or same sex? either way!)
    ryebread 4 Replies
    • November 10, 2006
    • 02:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey, I know your pain! Im a 34 f, I also need something to lower my sex drive. Its all I think about! Its taking over everyday activities. I get nothing done. Seems like all I do is masturbate anymore 7-8 times a day but 20 min later Im so horney that I HAVE to fix it or it becomes very uncomfortable. I am maried to a very understanding man, thank god! we have sex 3-4 times a week and it bothers him that he can physicaly keep up with me. I try to tell him its me that has the problem, but still its tough. I have an orgasm everytime I masturbate, An y suggestions?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 25, 2007
    • 00:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • get your hormone levels checked it could be the sign of something serious...if your adrenal gland is malfunctioning there could be something wrong...it is rare but there is an adrenal gland cancer that causes your hormones to go all screwy...and it usaually showes up somewhere between the ages of 30 and 40...for the female she may just have unusal amounts of Testosarone for a woman...it's nice to have a little extra for us women but to much can turn you into a sex addict. Also, STOP masterbating...the more you do it the more chemicals you send to your brain (especally us women) it's like a drug that you can get addicted to. The more you do it the more your body craves it. Good luck with the withdraws from all those drug like feelings. I hope you can find some answers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2007
    • 08:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • there is nothing wrong with having a high libido and some one that mentioned working out it will make you tired yes but u are raising your testosterone levels which would make it worst. if you really have a problem with having a high libido pick up a hobby something simple like videos games building models or something that ur interested in. but instead of trying to lower just learn to deal with it or keep busy :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • While high libido in itself is not a disorder, if it is causing interference in your social or occupational functioning or mental distress, it is certainly a problem that needs to be addressed. I think in this case you should consult a psychologist who may help you to adjust with living with high libido as opposed to going for drug therapy initially. I am not implying that high-libido is abnormal, but simply that if you find it distressful, a psychologist may help you learn to adjust to living with it. If, after proper counseling, you are still having problems, your psychologist may refer you to a pscyhiatrist; there certainly are drugs available that reduce libido, but these should only be an extreme last resort after very extensive evaluation as they are not free from side-effects. High libido is generally considered a desirable trait, and complaints of bothersome high libido may lead to replies such as "masturbate" or have more sex, these may not address your feelings of distress about it. In males there is no recognized high-libido disorder as of yet, but in females there is a recently recognized entity called persistent sexual arousal disorder/syndrome. Here is a link to it from a news website: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WaterCooler/story?id=3676562&page=1
    m3dh31p 69 Replies Flag this Response
  • I just love it when people say nothing is wrong with a high libido...If you have not walked in that shoe, dont judge....This is real, it is like a demon on the loose for people like me..it is literally breaking up my marriage....I do enkoy it at times but can become burdensome when there is so much more to do and think about
  • Exercise boosts testosterone levels..try an endocrinologist..?
  • My libido is high which is fine and fun for me as an individual, its just higher than my wife's which is causing problems. I studied the whole hormonal balance thing and started taking estrogen to "balance" my high testosterone. After a few months I was hospitalized with pancreastitis. The estrogen really screwed up my body and I have permanent damage. I am back to square one. I love my wife and I drive her nuts. She is ok with monthly sex where I wouldn't be mad at twice a day, at this point once a week would be huge. I want my sex drive to go away more than anything I am willing to spend any amount of money to get rid of it.My wife will not see a doctor. I don't want to leave her over this and I don't want another man raising my son.I read alotta blogs and it seems there are so many men out there with low libidos. Thank your lucky stars, you have no idea what its like to be a prisoner of inter-body naturally produced chemical craze.Please help.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I too have my whole life had a very high sex drive. Sex is on my mind most of the time but I enjoy & control it. I learned from a teen to deal with it, enjoy & use it to my benefit. The only time it is a problem is when you believe that you must have sex with every hot woman you see. You can enjoy the sex with your wife & the masturbation time you have as well. Enjoy the fact that you feel excited always & work with it not against it. Masturbation is a fantastic release but many men will think of it as the last resort & will masturbate & **m as fast as they can. If you do that then you have not enjoyed the ride. When I was younger I lived in a small village. I always felt ****y so I did things to boost that feeling. I would spend time on my bike riding around to areas where I could stop and masturbate. For me being in an area where I could possibly get caught, outside nude and masturbating was a huge turn on. I learned back then to masturbate until I was about to ejaculate & then stop, tighten all the msucles around my genitals & enjoy the throbbing in my penis. It felt like an orgasm but I did not loose any sperm. This kept me very ****y all day long enjoying the feeling over & over again untill I would **m before bed time. I discovered that a few friends back then had the same drive I had so we assumed it was normal & that others were just too shy to talk about it. Almost every time we were together we were talking about girls & masturbation. It felt normal & made us feel good so what could be bad about sex? We even enjoyed masturbating together looking at girly mags because it was fun, felt great & nobody was hurt. Back then & to this day if I have time where I know I will be by myself for a few hours or even the day I look forward to spending that time masturbating & making it last for a very long time before I orgasm. If I do orgasm & have lots of time left I will soon do it again to enjoy a bigger orgasm. Try it yourself & even try to see how many times you can ejaculate in one day. You might be shocked to find out that eventually your body stops ejaculating. The orgasms get very intense & the feeling of your body squirting is still there but nothing is left or just a drop or two. After a day like this you will feel very satisfied & you will feel great about having enjoyed your sex drive rather than seeing it as a problem. So that is my recomendation. Learn to enjoy your own orgasms & it will keep you happy. Also you could read some on-line info about things you can do with your wife to make her feel more turned on. Ask her what her favorite sexual fantasies are. You may have to edge into it but eventually she will tell you. I did that about 3 & 1/2 years ago. My wife finally told me that she would like to be watched by someone, man or woman while she & I had sex together. Later that year when we went south for vacation I made it happen for her & she loved it. A bar tender at the resort we were at was only too happy to help me out when I offerd him $20 to video me having sex with my lovely wife later that night. She was turned on more than I could believe. Just knowing it was going to happen that night made her ****y all day. She wanted to spend the remainder of that day on the nude beach. She usually did not strutt her stuff too much on the beach with or without a bathing suit. She is slim with small boobs & feels she is too small even though I tell her how much I love her hard small boobs. That afternoon she took every advantage to walk by the bar tender as if to show him what he was going to being seing again later that night. Then later that night she was more turned on than I had seen in years. I could tell she was loving every minute we were having sex. She wanted to change positions about 10 times, wanted oral sex & to give the same, then after I came, the fairly shy woman that I had known for about 5 years even said she wanted to have a few orgasms on her own. She then masturbated herself to about 5 orgasms while she was being video recorded by young man. Keeping this story short is hard but I will say he was there watching & recording for over an hour. I then as an excuse asked if he had to masturbate himself before he left so he was not hot & bothered. He did not hesitate & my wife was then even more excited. It took him seconds to strip naked then stroked himself to a huge orgasm within about a minute. I was hoping he would have lasted longer. My wife was still enjoying her own body at the same time while watching the young man masturbate. I wanted to get hard again & join in with all 3 of us maturbating but it did not happen becasue he came too soon. I think my wife would have enjoyed watching us both masturbate & then **m together on her boobs. I would have suggested it if there were more time & I may do the same again on another vacation. We don't talk about that night too often & we have only watched the video together few times although I know she still remembers it well & I'm sure uses it as a great fantasy come true. My wife admits she sometimes still masturbates while watching the video while I am at work. That one little fantasie of hers has now boosted our sex life for this long. Many other thags can do the same. You just have to work at it. If you think your sex drive is going to go away you're wrong. We are naturally drawn to the opposite sex the same as bees are to flowers. We don't have the option to turn it off & on but we can enjoy it as much as possible. I hope my past experiences help you. Enjoy.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2011
    • 00:06 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement