Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

finger cuts that won't heal

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: lost_kite
  • October 26, 2008
  • 05:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a long term condition in which I constant have cuts and crack ups on the tips of my fingers, and they won't heal for some reason. I have checked with western doctors in which my blood was tested, but they said I don't lack any vitamins or anything. Then I checked with several Eastern doctors who gave me some pills and creams, but none aided the situation. :confused:

I came from China, and before I used to have this condition over my whole palms, but then it got better after I took some chinese herbs. However, the herbs would not heal this condition as it occurs around the nail of my fingertips on all my fingers. It really hurts at times and I worry about those wounds giving access to bacteria or other things entering my body.:(

If anyone have a possible remedy please tell me.

Thank you so much.:)

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Try here: http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/cracked-skin.htm
    aquila 1,263 Replies
    • October 27, 2008
    • 04:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Oh, I see. Thank you guys so much ^^. Come to think of it, I do use electronics, especially computer and cell phone a lot. But I know a lot of people who uses it more than me, but have no such condition... Maybe my body's reaction to it is different...Neverless, I'm going to decrease my usage of electronics and see if it helps my condition.I really hope it's not a serious medical condition though...Thank you again^^
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2008
    • 03:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I don't think my condition is linked with overuse of electronics... A friend of mine suggested that it's cause by a kind of bacteria, and said if I soak my fingertips in lemon water everyday it will be killed. But um...I feel like the acid in there could be making my condition worse. Does anyone have an opinion on that? It'd be greatly appreciated :)
    lost_kite 1 Replies
    • November 11, 2008
    • 02:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi there,I recently had a similar problem. A pharmacist told me to use a hydrocortisone cream for two or three days, morning and night on the cuts and overly dry area and then after those few days to use a good hand cream...I used Glysomed. The hydrocortisone cream closed and dried up the cuts and got things under control and the other cream did the rest. It took about a few weeks to get rid of it completely but it worked for me. I think in my case I had an allergic reaction to something I touched and it caused eczema.Hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2011
    • 09:04 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement