Discussions By Condition: Kidney conditions

Kidney pain for 6 months, hurting, still no answers!

Posted In: Kidney conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: shannonwooten
  • October 24, 2008
  • 02:25 AM

I am in SO much pain and it has been coming back here and there whenever it wants to for the past 6 months.

Started in May, after 2 weeks of pain I went to the hospital. Low level of blood in my urine. Doctor said it was kidney stones. Sent me to get a CT scan... didn't show any stones. I felt something move from my kidney to my bladder 2 days after the scan. Pain resided a little bit... just maybe a sharp pain 2-3 times a week.

Beginning of Sept the pain came back severely so I went to the hospital again. This time they found a lot of blood in my urine (Level 3+ which is the highest level I hear) and ordered me another CT scan... came back normal. Again, felt something move 2 days after my scan... pain gradually went away but not completely.

Doctor has no idea what I have a lot of blood in my urine and in so much pain with normal CT scans... so he referred me to a urologist... I made an apt and I can't be seen until Nov 20th.

The pain came back yesterday... a lot of pain today. I am SOOOO frustrated having all this pain with no answers. I am getting really worried that this pain has been lasting for 6 months off and on.... and what is with all this blood in my urine?

I am so upset... what is wrong??? What if it is worse than kidney stones? Should I see a doc again or wait a month for my urologist apt??

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Bump?Another symptom is VERY sharp pains! It will make my whole body jump in pain and usually make me scream. It has only happened about 4-5 times in the last 6 months.Pain comes from my kidney only, never my ureter.
    shannonwooten 1 Replies
    • October 26, 2008
    • 03:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My left kidney only worked 6% so i had to get it removed because it produced hormones that caused my blood pressure to rise VERY high! I had the surgery in oct. of 09 and I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IT IS SOOOO DIFFERENT LIVING WITH ONE KIDNEY!!!! -i can’t do as much activities-the right one hurts alot!!!!!-my menstrual periods hurt like nothing before-every time i stand up everything turns black in my eyes and then gets back to normal.those are just a few things i experience living with one kidney! those things have never happened to me before the robotic nephrectomy.i am 16, this would never had happened if doctors took one single UTI seriously. when i was 2, urinary tract infection scarred my left kidney and i found out that it was the size of a 2 month year old baby when i was 15.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement