Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I feel cuts on vagina

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 52 Replies
  • Posted By: Fluffy
  • October 22, 2008
  • 00:21 PM

i have been expriencing severe discomforts on my vagina fo the past six months and I am not sure what it is. I feel like I have got cuts outside my vagina and clitoral area, I particularly feel this when I am close to my period days. In these days I can hardly wash my vagina or touch it as the cuts feel very painful. I also go through having sex in this period, and when I do the pain is worse. Apparently there is no bleeding and I do not see any cuts but I can feel them. I also experience severe pain when urinating. I have tried washing with salt and lemon as friends advised but th is does not make the situation better. I dont really know what kind of disease this is or if there is a cure for it, I am now worried because whenever it starts I feel very uncomfortable and its also staining my sexual realationship with my boyfriend because I just lose excitement.

I need a final solution this thing has been harassing me!

Reply Flag this Discussion

52 Replies:

• You may have "aphthous ulcers," which is an autoimmune condition, not caused by infections. You are not describing any symptoms of infection, like redness or drainage. But they can be painful. Have you seen a gynecologist around the time you get these? Others may have more suggestions. Marionstar
    marionstar 228 Replies
    • October 23, 2008
    • 00:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You could have an STD. This is a symptom of herpes 2, especially with it coming back during your period like herpes does. Get a blood test for it. Your boyfriend may know he has something and is not telling you, too. Get a screening for everything, including a pap.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 23, 2008
    • 01:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ok, now I feel a bitt scared, I never visited a doctor or anything because I thought it was some problem that I can solve at home. I just thought there are cuts caused by friction and never but the one thing that amazed me is that the cuts always come around the same time of the month.
    Fluffy 1 Replies
    • October 23, 2008
    • 06:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You definitely should see a doctor...the herpes consideration is very reasonable, too. Better safe than sorry...see the doc! marionstar
    marionstar 228 Replies
    • October 24, 2008
    • 00:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms and mine have been going on for years now with no solution. Doctors have told me it was a yeast infection, then Herpes, then bacterial infection, and the latest conclusion was allergies. I've been tested for herpes by blood and by culture taken from the micro cuts that are hardly visible at all. I'm very frustrated because till this day no one can tell me what this really is. I've already been to three different doctors. One of them was a infectious disease doctor, he was the one that told me that I did not have Herpes. I tested + for hsv type 1 which is the type that almost everyone has. People that have had chicken pox test positive for hsv 1. I'm beginning to think that this could be something to do with the fact that my husband has been diagnosed with genital warts which is something that he has had before we even started dating but I paid no attention to it. I thought they were skin tags or something to that effect. I told my gyn about it and she still says I have Hsv 2 which i've already been told I didn't have. I feel your pain fluffy. And I know that when you do go to the doctor she will say "oh those are classic symptoms of herpes" get tested by blood. don't let them feed you that bs. keep me posted on your progress as I will do the same.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 24, 2008
    • 00:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Its probably herpes. If your boyfriend has ever given you oral sex, and he has ever had cold sores on his lips, then its probably that. Like other users have noted, he might not told you, but may have genital herpes. Condoms lower the risk for transmitting it, but there is still a good chance for it. Outbreaks are common in women before their periods, so that probably explains that. Many Americans have herpes, many don't know it. However, you should still go to a doctor, and have them check, that way in case it isn't you can then try to figure out what it is. Take care :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 24, 2008
    • 04:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • http://www.querycat.com/faq/e7b3691332bc58d2ec87eaff98661a6d A rash, bumps, blisters, cuts, or sores in or around the genital area (vagina, vulva, anus, penis, or scrotum
    • October 24, 2008
    • 04:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am not an expert, but also consider that you may have Lichen Sclerosis. It can cause pain or irritation or thin, fragile skin that tears, or white spots and skin that is like tissue paper. I suggest seeing a dermatologist or a gynocologist (although I saw 4 before I was diagnosed.) It is uncommon. To confirm diagnosis, they take a small skin sample, and it is treated with steroids and/or hormones. Your period may change the hormone level just enough to bring it out. Try reading about it on webmd or at mayoclinic.com and if it seems like the symptoms fit. There is a support group on Yahoo.com with all kinds of help that is useful if that's what you have. Good luck!
    pauladoodle 2 Replies
    • October 24, 2008
    • 10:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had the same thing for years. All tests were negative. When I finally saw my gyn during an "outbreak" of pain and discomfort she diagnosed me with an allergy to my toilet paper and maxi pads. Very sensitive skin. I changed brands and that worked for a while. Then once the new kind started bothering me too, I had to change again. Look for lint-free toilet paper and see if it helps. She said it gets worse with my period because I am wiping more often and the added affect of the tampon string and panty liners costantly rubbing on me. I use flushable cotonelle wet-wipes when I can and I have had better luck blotting with paper towels than with toilet paper. (Less lint)If your allergies are aggrevated by dust and other things like dryer-lint, this may be your problem too. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 6, 2008
    • 03:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • if you where sanitary towels it could be that as the user i said above me said, i am on implanon contraceptive now and i dont have periods but when i did have periods i wold feel the same thing as you, sometimes i didnt even want to move, i also had sensitive skin so that could be a reason for the cut like feelingsVQ X
    VampireQueen 7 Replies
    • November 21, 2008
    • 01:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi magic girl, I read all the replies. Your body is very acidic. That is why you have the cuts and burning. You should follow an eating plan that matches your metabolic type in order to decrease overacidity. Then the symptoms will disappear within a week or two.Same is valid for all other magic girls that could not find apparent reason for their symptoms.You can contact me on skype if interested in full assessment. My skype name is drbulatov.Thank you. Love, peace and joy, Dr B
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 23, 2008
    • 11:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I found years ago after I had been diagnosed with Lichen Scelrois that it was not that. I had been eating oranges like crazy. I stopped eating them so often and it went away. Now years and years later it has come back. I haven't had sex since 1992 so it isn't herpes. I have had warts too. But after my thyroid meds where fixed most of the warts dissappered. I was also getting some warts on my face under my eyes like where your glasses rest. Since the thyroid meds are right now they have dissappeared too. But as far as the vaginal itching I have been tested for yeast and looked at and they don't know what it is. They say go to a dermatologist, well I am not having the only guy here in town look at my bottom. I find that if I eat anything with citric acid or drink anything like soda I get it worse. So I think it is an allergy. As long as I stay away from all citric acids I am fine. I hope this may help some of you. The itching can drive you crazy and after stratching it burns so bad you can't go pee. Best wishes to all with this problem I hope it is as simple as watching your diet for citric acids. Just about every food has it in it except if you eat fresh foods and watch the citris fruits.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 27, 2008
    • 00:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am a Women's Health PA. I think we should consider a few things as already mentioned:HerpesLichen SclerosisAllery to sanitary pads (especially Always brand-the "dry weave" is made out of recycled products)How old are you? Women also get a drop in estrogen prior to their periods which can cause the vaginal tissue to become very sensitive (almost like in a menopausal woman). A simple low dose estrogen cream might help you.Hope that helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 28, 2008
    • 04:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I too have felt these "cuts". Even though I could feel them, on examination my doctor was unable to see anything. I was told that I have something called vulvadynia which is a nerve condition. I was told that there is a cream that numbs the area but have not tried it since I over-react to a lot of medications. Although it comes and goes I was told that there is no cure. If you do not have any changes to the skin such as rash, redness, bumps etc. I seriously doubt you have any of the before mentioned conditions. My advise would be to check with your gyn although it was my urologist that finally told me what I have. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 29, 2008
    • 06:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Dear Fluffy I would have the same symptoms as you are experiencing after sex with my husband especially if we had oral sex. I believe that it is a allergic reaction from his semen or saliva possible both. For years I couldn't figure it out then I realized if I stopped sex with him it would just go away, have sex it comes back. Try using a condom see if that helps as I know after my husband became paralyzed from the waist down all symptoms stopped. good luck. ps I never had this happen with any other man just him.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 2, 2008
    • 11:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had the same thing, slit-like cuts that burn, the itching, and small red bumps. My doctor tested me for herpes, yeast infection, and a couple other things. All came back negative. I went back and had a full out test of any possible things, and it came back as "Trichomoniasis". It's just a simple bacterial infection, but you do have to get antibiodics for it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 5, 2008
    • 06:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • The symptoms you have mentioned are pretty common for a number of skin conditions that could be afflicting you. I had the same symptoms for years and no doctor ever gave me any answer as to what could be afflicting me or how to treat it. Thankfully I've been a sex educator for years which has always empowered me to 'figure' things out for myself instead of just relying on the omnipotence of doctors. I began treating myself by moisturizing my skin daily with a personal lubricant. I have a family history of skin disorders so I figured if it ain't herpes, yeast, or an infection it might just be that I have sensitive skin that is very easily irritated. This could be the case for you as well. The genital skin is very delicate and just as other body parts can become sensitive in certain environments, so can it. So my tips to you:See a dermatologist. It is your skin that's having problems afterall, and if a gyno can't help you maybe a dermatologist can. There are a number of skin conditions that can affect the vulva tissue.Use a daily moisturizer. I suggest one that is glycerin free, as glycerin can irritate sensitive skin and we've already gathered that's the kinda skin you've got. I would also steer clear of Propelyne Glycol this is another common ingredient in personal lubricants that is commonly irritating to folks with sensitive skin. I would personally recommend a silicone lubricant (ie KY Intrigue or Astroglide X) or water-based lubricants by the brand Sliquid (especially their Silk lubricant). Sliquid products can be found online at shops like Good Vibrations, Toys in Babeland, and Early 2 Bed. A water-based lubricant will moisturize your delicate skin. A silicone lubricant will lock moisture in (as it is non-water-soluble and doesn't absorb into the pores but simply sits on the surface of your skin). More moisture means less friction which cuts down on irritation, itchiness, and abrasions.Stop washing your vulva and vagina with soap. This is something that all little girls should be taught when learning how to bath themselves. Soap dries your skin out, which is minimally problematic on skin that faces the world and can easily be moisturized with Lubriderm whilst sitting on the bus, however, one cannot moisturize her lady bits whenever the need arises. So, stop using soap on your genitals. Washing them thoroughly with warm water is plenty hygienic and will keep you bits squeaky clean, moisturized, and ph-balanced which means not only less irritated skin but also less likelihood of other not-so-fun infections. If you must wash with something more that water, use a mild castile soap like Dr. Bronner's Baby. But only every couple days.Invest in cotton underwear. Let your vagina breath for heaven's sake! Breathable undergarmets will help your skin heal itself.Try using a menstrual cup instead of tampons and pads. The silicone cups on the market, such as the Diva Cup (which I love), are hypoallergenic and won't suck the moisture from your vagina/vulva the way tampons and pads do.Hopefully those little tips will help... It sucks having an irritated bottom and doesn' t make sex much fun.Good Luck!P.S. If your skin is irritated, don't have sex with your partner that involves your genitals. Give them a little break, girl! Focus on his instead for a while, I'm sure he won't mind. ;)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 11, 2008
    • 04:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had these burning little icthy sores on my vaginal area for over 10 years. My mother and sister both have the same EXACT symptoms. It started off as just one bump/tear whatever... then a few years later went to 3 then progressed I remember all the way up to 12 sores at one time. I have been to every dr in 2 major cities. Prob. 7 different doctors in all. Dermatologist and OBGYN. I have treated it with everything from alchohl to steriod cream to cortizone cream, campo phenic, neosporin... any thing and everything. Nothing makes them better or worse. They usually come the week before my period and last for two weeks. I was pregnant 3 times during this 10 year time period and they would get better while I was pregnant. They usually always come back in the same spot. They would come back if I had sex that was not well lubricated or if he gave me oral and had not shaved well. They also felt like they would be in an infected pubic hair. If I plucked it that would start the whole outbreak process. I have been married for 13 years and my husband has not contracted anything and neither has my mother or sisters spouses. I have had a biopsy of the exact spot when it was inflamed. It came back for something that means wrinkly skin. Vulvar Elephantisis or something. Whatever! I had one dr early on say that since he had done over 5 herpes tests on me and they had all come back negative that they were all false because that is the only thing it could be. The dr are lazy and just don't want to think out side the norm. I really believe that it has a lot to do with hormones, weight and stress and the frequency of sex along with autoimmune system. About 20 years ago (at 15 yo) I had Guillian Barre syndrome and then in September 08 I had Bells Palsy. I know these two things have nothing to do with that end of my body but I think it some how plays a role in this weird break outs. In the last 2 years it just totally disappeared. I don't know why....I started working out, lost 10 pounds and started having more sex and have gotten off the pill. I do not use soap at all. I only use Charmin Ultra TP. If I use cheap thin TP that is a sure fire way to make them come back. I used to notice that when I used soap or any type of fragrant bubble bath I would break out with in a day or so. After 2 years of nothing...it came back a little last week. We had a very long session of sex and the spot where they did the biopsy (which is a small spot of raised scar tissue) feels like it is turning into one of those sores. But it does not sting or itch. Just feels iritated when I wipe. So if anyone has a real diagnosis for this I would love to put a name to it. It has driven me crazy for such a long time not knowing what it was.
    dana911 16 Replies
    • December 15, 2008
    • 02:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • did you ever get a blood test for herpes 2 or did they just culture the sores?
    • December 16, 2008
    • 02:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Very early on I got a blood test and it was negative. I never get the mouth cold sores or anything either. But now over ten years later I have gotten Bells Palsy....which they say is brought on by the HSV virus. I just think that it is real odd that my mom and sister have it.I read these messages to my mom and she totally agreed with it being linked with oral sex. She said everytime she recieves oral, she gets a sore the next day. So she has totally cut out all oral...giving or receiving...says that her saliva on his genitals will then be transfered to her....so she has nixed it all just to be safe. Now she says she hardly ever gets them. I swear, if it is rare or undiagnosiable, I will get it.:confused:
    dana911 16 Replies
    • December 16, 2008
    • 03:30 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement