Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Do I have ovarian cancer

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: mal2006
  • October 31, 2006
  • 11:50 AM

I have had severe abdominal pain and back pain for the past three weeks. I have gained 15 pounds and I am extremely tired. A cat scan showed that I have a lot of fluid build up in my abdomen. I am very bloated and I feel a lot of pressure there. I did research and it seems that I have most of the symptoms of Ovarian cancer. However, my gyno does not really think so. He did a CAT 125 blood test and it showed nothing. However, my research indicates that this test does not reveal ovarian cancer all of the time. I am scheduled for a laporoscopy on 11/22. I have to take a lot of medication for the pain. Is it really difficult to diagnose ovarian cancer? If I do not have it, then what could I have that is causing me all of this pain and weight gain? If you have had a similar problem, I would love to hear abou it.

Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I have had severe abdominal pain and back pain for the past three weeks. I have gained 15 pounds and I am extremely tired. A cat scan showed that I have a lot of fluid build up in my abdomen. I am very bloated and I feel a lot of pressure there. I did research and it seems that I have most of the symptoms of Ovarian cancer. However, my gyno does not really think so. He did a CAT 125 blood test and it showed nothing. However, my research indicates that this test does not reveal ovarian cancer all of the time. I am scheduled for a laporoscopy on 11/22. I have to take a lot of medication for the pain. Is it really difficult to diagnose ovarian cancer? If I do not have it, then what could I have that is causing me all of this pain and weight gain? If you have had a similar problem, I would love to hear abou it. Thankshey i feel your pain going threw the same almost here i was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst do to the fact i had my tubes tide i have all the symptoms of pregnancy but test keep coming out negative so i dont know what is going on neither im also bloated, dont know if its an etopic pregnancy and i was miss diagnosed for an ovarian cyst. i had a ultrasound done but they were quick to rule out etpic pregnancy can they be right who knows i will keep you posted i have a doctors appointment on nov.9 keep in touch on your situation wish you luck prdivaheart@yahoo.com
    prdivaheart 3 Replies
    • October 31, 2006
    • 10:12 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement