Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

unexplained possible superficial blood clots in finger and wrist

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 5, 2008
  • 08:15 AM

I have had unexplained vascular events in a finger on my right hand twice and now just above my left wrist. The doctors suspect that each are superficial blood clots, but all of my blood tests and diagnostic imaging show no problems. Seemingly, I have no underlying vascular disease, nor have they found any cancer. The only things that are unusual in my blood work are that my triglycerides are high. Also, the liver indicators are particularly low, which I have been told is a very good thing, not bad. I did recently have very mild chest pains, but the stress test showed all was fine. I am overweight, but not obese. I exercise daily and eat well.

The coagulation studies have been fine. They tested for Lupus and a ton of other autoimmune disorders. They have, I think, gone over me with a fine tooth comb.

I have seen a rheumatologist and a hematologist/oncologist. I feel like I am now at a dead end.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I should just stop worrying about it and assume it's just one of those things...

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement