Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Ear whooshing, hearing loss, pulse in head, narcoleptic - HELP

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 27 Replies
  • Posted By: RodeoSam
  • October 3, 2008
  • 06:38 PM

I've heard my pulse whooshing in my ear for over 5 years. When it started, it was making my CRAZY... and there was bad nausea and vertigo. Hearing got very difficult, like sounds have a hard time getting past the WHOOSH WHOOSH. But body noises are very loud. If I'm talking or singing, it sounds really loud and distorted in that ear. Combing hair, I hear the comb scratching my head. Swallowing, I hear all the squish & squeaks, and blowing my nose is REALLY loud in that ear. The nausea and vertigo has decreased a lot over the past few years thank goodness.

The first ENT checked in my ear and up my nose etc. and did a hearing test with the plug thing stuck in the ear. He said there was nothing wrong with my hearing, nothing wrong in the ear. I was so frustrated and the constant noise was making me nuts... when he said that, I couldn't hold back the tears - I told him there WAS something wrong, I was dizzy and the noise was there all the time!! He said it was all in my head, and suggested I see a psychologist to help me learn to deal with my emotions. (I wanted to slap him).

The next ENT said it was happening because I had NO ear wax. Gave me ear drops, said don't get it wet for a month & wear a plug in that ear at night. Of course that didn't help either. (He was a week from retirement when I saw him... hmmm)

The next two ENT's and the two audiologists have all been quite thorough. They've done additional hearing tests that do show significant hearing loss in that ear for every day hearing - normal conversations on that side of my head are a lost cause - am getting pretty good at reading lips. Still nobody can find the problem.

It's constant - nothing makes it stop or get less loud. Lying down, standing up, pushing on veins or arteries, nothing helps. It's faster when exercising, slower when resting. I've tried eliminating sodium from the diet, eliminating alcohol, wearing a night guard (which does help the tmj but does nothing for the whooshing). At this point, I just live with it.... but it would be really nice if there was a way to make it stop.

PS - I also have narcolepsy which was diagnosed about 15 years ago and re-verified a few years ago again. I have been taking dexadrine for years, now dosage is lowest ever (5mg, 3X day). Docs don't think there's any correlation between this and the ear thing, but figured I'd toss it in here just in case.

Reply Flag this Discussion

27 Replies:

• You should look up,"Acoustic neuroma," and see if the ENT would rule this out. It's not life threatening, but can cause your symptoms. An MRI or scan would rule this out, or show this as something needing attention. I had the same symptoms, and similar diagnosis problems from several ENT's, finally Kaiser did an MRI showing an enlarged gland near the base of my right ear causing the problems. Don't panic, just research this, and see if they will test for it.I'm not familiar with, "narcoleptic," so no advice there.If you find out it's not acoustic neuroma; at least you know you might have just gotten a bad cold or allergies that caused prolonged fluid in your inner ear damaging your hearing & you'll just have to live with it like me :) Blessings!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 3, 2008
    • 11:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The whooshing sound is pulsitile tinnitius and can occur for a number of reasons. While there is a suggestion that this may be an acoustic neuroma, you can relax because it most likely isn't because of the history of your symptoms. Within 5 years, an acoustic neuroma would now be of a space-occupying mass sufficient to cause trigeminal compression and other symptoms. The pressure associated with an acoustic neuroma is also not associated with the type of sensation you are describing. There are several common causes for the symptoms you describe, one being Meniere's disease and the second is Otosclerosis. The third most common is likely the culprit here since there is also a history or TMJ. It's important to realize that in many instances the symptoms of TMJ are actually due to muscle tension and not boney deformation, creating tension at the jaw sufficient to produce the characteristic joint friction. True TMJ causes skeletal changes that can be observed on imaging studies, while musculo-skeletal tension can produce similar symptoms without evidence of actual skeletal involvement. The pulsitile tinnitus, or whooshing sound, is caused by pressure from tense muscle and ligament tissue proximal to the internal carotid artery and because of transducucive properties, can be amplified by the auditory nerve. Patients with these symptoms also complain that their head many times feels like it has been pumped up with air, with pressure being felt at the neck upward in a restrictive fashion. There is also a history of bruxism in some, but not all, of these patients that further demonstrates the presence of chronic muscle tension at the level of the tempromandibular junction. If chronic enough, the masseter muscles of such individuals can even undergo hypertrophy to some extent and can be observed to extend equal to, or beyond the lower ear lobe in certain patients. While Meniere's and Otoscelrosis are possibilities, it's less likely since more confirmatory diagnosis in either such case can certainly be realized within the 5-year timeframe that you've been experiencing symptoms. Lastly, symptoms such as those you've described are seldom, if ever, associated with psychiatric conditions and constitute very real physiological sensations. Complaints of pulsitile tinnitus in the presence of TMJ and other relevant signs should never be construed as neurosis and must be evaluated further. Best regards, J Cottle, MD
    JCottleMD 580 Replies
    • October 4, 2008
    • 02:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for this information, I will take it to my doctor. Have you heard of a condition called Superior Canal Dehiscence? I came across it in a web search and although I have no way to confirm all of the symptoms, it does sound suspiciously familar....I've had MRI, and also had the TMJ checked out pretty completely - the general consencus is that it's not causing the whooshing. Are there treatments for this?Thanks for all your responses... it's great to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. :)
    RodeoSam 16 Replies
    • October 7, 2008
    • 08:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have all the same symptoms. I was just diagnosed with otoscelrosis on Thursday. This is after months of no one knowing what was wrong with me. I have to go and have the surgery very soon. So it is possible for you to have that. I hope you can figure out what is causing yours because I know how crazy you feel.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 11, 2008
    • 00:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i'm having similar symptoms the ent said there is nuthing wrong but im still waiting to get my ENG exam.. meanwhile i'm taking prednisone ( a steroid ) and ativan and antibiotics and sumtimes ginko biloba chinese herbs.. i'm only 21 and i dunno i find it helps keep more blood flow to my head and reduce the inflammation. i had to beg the doctors to prescribe me the steroids and the ativan and i think theyre helping.. also seeing the osteopath helped me alot.g'luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2008
    • 09:42 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've heard my pulse whooshing in my ear for over 5 years. When it started, it was making my CRAZY... and there was bad nausea and vertigo. Hearing got very difficult, like sounds have a hard time getting past the WHOOSH WHOOSH. But body noises are very loud. If I'm talking or singing, it sounds really loud and distorted in that ear. Combing hair, I hear the comb scratching my head. Swallowing, I hear all the squish & squeaks, and blowing my nose is REALLY loud in that ear. The nausea and vertigo has decreased a lot over the past few years thank goodness. The first ENT checked in my ear and up my nose etc. and did a hearing test with the plug thing stuck in the ear. He said there was nothing wrong with my hearing, nothing wrong in the ear. I was so frustrated and the constant noise was making me nuts... when he said that, I couldn't hold back the tears - I told him there WAS something wrong, I was dizzy and the noise was there all the time!! He said it was all in my head, and suggested I see a psychologist to help me learn to deal with my emotions. (I wanted to slap him). The next ENT said it was happening because I had NO ear wax. Gave me ear drops, said don't get it wet for a month & wear a plug in that ear at night. Of course that didn't help either. (He was a week from retirement when I saw him... hmmm) The next two ENT's and the two audiologists have all been quite thorough. They've done additional hearing tests that do show significant hearing loss in that ear for every day hearing - normal conversations on that side of my head are a lost cause - am getting pretty good at reading lips. Still nobody can find the problem. It's constant - nothing makes it stop or get less loud. Lying down, standing up, pushing on veins or arteries, nothing helps. It's faster when exercising, slower when resting. I've tried eliminating sodium from the diet, eliminating alcohol, wearing a night guard (which does help the tmj but does nothing for the whooshing). At this point, I just live with it.... but it would be really nice if there was a way to make it stop. PS - I also have narcolepsy which was diagnosed about 15 years ago and re-verified a few years ago again. I have been taking dexadrine for years, now dosage is lowest ever (5mg, 3X day). Docs don't think there's any correlation between this and the ear thing, but figured I'd toss it in here just in case.make the doctors check and make sure the large vein in your neck is not blocked...This will cause the noises you hear.....just to be safe ok.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2008
    • 02:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm 22 yrs old and have recently been having a problem similar to this...It started with headaches for a couple of weeks, and in the past week and a half, have been hearing loud LOUD pulse in head as well as what seems to be the sound of blood flow. I hear most of this on the right side of my head, and my ear seems to have pressure and hurts somewhat. Today the noises were extremely loud and would not go away, although they usually do after a little while. I went to the doctor a couple of days ago and he said I have a kind of sinus infection and I have been taking the medicine but do not feel any better. I have felt a little nauseous in the last couple of days, and extremely bloated, but i think these are just side effects from the medicine(antibiotic)....The headache I feel is towards the front of my head...but only hear the noises on the right side of my head. I have not had any vertigo spells so I feel that may rule out some of the above mentioned problems. I also do not have TMJ....The noise is enough to drive me crazy....and is sometimes extremely loud....I should also mention that I have holes in my ear drums which came from tubes when I was little that left holes which have never healed. I have had minor problems with my ears since, and can easily get ear infections, although the doctor said I had no infection when I went...PLEASE let me know any thoughts you might have...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 13, 2008
    • 06:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I'm not sure if this email is too late, or if you have an answer to your situation yet, but i thought i would share a possible diagnosis with you.. I have the same symptoms as you, the vertigo, etc..I also have daily headaches. For years I was told i had sinusitus, and even had the surgery for it, which did not help and was not fun! But i finally have a diagnosis. It's called pseudotumor cerebri and/or inintercranial hypertension. It can sound worse than it has to be. Since you had an MRI, I am assuming you saw a neurologist? If not I would say you definitely should. This is diagnosed by getting a lumbar puncture (LP). If the 'opening pressure' of the LP is high, usually over 220 or so, this could be the problem. The treatment is draining some of the cerebral spinal fluid during the LP. Basically it is an increase in the amount of cerebral fluid surrounding your brain. I can cause headaches, vertigo, vision problems (papilledema) and the 'whooshing' sound is one of the major symptoms. I would imagine that the epilepsy maybe related?? I hope this helps, or that you have already found a cure!! Take care...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 14, 2008
    • 05:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I too have had psuedotumor cerebri. I was initially hospitalized for a stroke but after 18 months of blood thinners, an angiogram was done and found to be "too clear" to have had a stroke. I was hospitalized in May 2003 at the age of 23 for the stroke. My diagnosis was reevaluated and changed from a stroke to psuedotumor cerebri in November 2004. At the peak of this "migraine" I had double vision and a stiff neck from the extra intracranial pressure. I was in so much pain that having the LP didn't phase me. The whooshing noise that was my first symptom is back again. I live in Hawaii now and I cannot go back to the hospital the was treating me. The doctors who treated me in the hospital for the stroke was not the same as the one who reevaluated my case.Either way, I'm searching message boards and what not in trying to find some hope that I'm not going to suffer another long completely debilitating migraine.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 29, 2008
    • 07:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm amazed to see that I am not the only person on the planet suffering with the whooshing sound and dizziness. I thought I was losing my mind.....I've seen more than 3 different E.N.T's only to be diagnosed with Otosclerosis, which is hereditary hearing loss. I think i would hear just fine not be for the loud whooshing sound. I hear it only in my right ear, It's extremely loud as we speak. It often feels like the vein is going to explode. Also, I've noticed as it get's louder, the more dizzy I become. Also I've notiiced my vision in my right eye is blurred. Any suggestions on how to cure or at least minimize the loudness other than applying pressure on the vein just to try and carry a normal conversation without having to have someone repeat themselves over and over again. Thanks so Much. God Bless and Good Luck to you all who are dealing with this.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • The symptoms you describe are very similar to what my sister had back in November of 2008. She dealt with a whooshing noise in her right ear for months and as time progressed she experienced extreme fatigue, a building pressure behind her right eye, then double vision, then blurred vision in her right eye and then a dull ache behind her right eye. She was only properly diagnosed when more of her symptoms manifested themselves. She had an MRA (like an MRI for your vascular system) and it was discovered that she had a carotid cavernous fistula. This condition occurs when a window opens between an artery and a vein and there is an exchange of blood and a build of pressure that ultimately puts pressure on your optic nerve. Her very first symptom was the whooshing noise in her ear. She thought it was due to an infection building after some dental surgery. I would suggest that you investigate this possibility. My sister just had surgery 2 days ago to have the fistula blocked with titanium coils. She is fine and is sitting next to even as I type. Hope this helps.I'm 22 yrs old and have recently been having a problem similar to this...It started with headaches for a couple of weeks, and in the past week and a half, have been hearing loud LOUD pulse in head as well as what seems to be the sound of blood flow. I hear most of this on the right side of my head, and my ear seems to have pressure and hurts somewhat. Today the noises were extremely loud and would not go away, although they usually do after a little while. I went to the doctor a couple of days ago and he said I have a kind of sinus infection and I have been taking the medicine but do not feel any better. I have felt a little nauseous in the last couple of days, and extremely bloated, but i think these are just side effects from the medicine(antibiotic)....The headache I feel is towards the front of my head...but only hear the noises on the right side of my head. I have not had any vertigo spells so I feel that may rule out some of the above mentioned problems. I also do not have TMJ....The noise is enough to drive me crazy....and is sometimes extremely loud....I should also mention that I have holes in my ear drums which came from tubes when I was little that left holes which have never healed. I have had minor problems with my ears since, and can easily get ear infections, although the doctor said I had no infection when I went...PLEASE let me know any thoughts you might have...
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hi, please see http://www.whooshers.com a new online forum for people who hear a whooshing noise, sometime diagnosed as pulsatile tinnitus.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 24, 2009
    • 05:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Interesting...I have ear whoosing in my left ear. It started four years ago, while I was taking dexadrine for Narcolepsy. I had to cut my 5 mg pills into quarters because the dose your are taking suddenly became to much for me... I am a Nuclear Medicine Technologist, and I know how doctors can overlook symptoms! I don't know whether you will ever read this note, but I could hardly believe your final note in your blog. I've heard my pulse whooshing in my ear for over 5 years. When it started, it was making my CRAZY... and there was bad nausea and vertigo. Hearing got very difficult, like sounds have a hard time getting past the WHOOSH WHOOSH. But body noises are very loud. If I'm talking or singing, it sounds really loud and distorted in that ear. Combing hair, I hear the comb scratching my head. Swallowing, I hear all the squish & squeaks, and blowing my nose is REALLY loud in that ear. The nausea and vertigo has decreased a lot over the past few years thank goodness. The first ENT checked in my ear and up my nose etc. and did a hearing test with the plug thing stuck in the ear. He said there was nothing wrong with my hearing, nothing wrong in the ear. I was so frustrated and the constant noise was making me nuts... when he said that, I couldn't hold back the tears - I told him there WAS something wrong, I was dizzy and the noise was there all the time!! He said it was all in my head, and suggested I see a psychologist to help me learn to deal with my emotions. (I wanted to slap him). The next ENT said it was happening because I had NO ear wax. Gave me ear drops, said don't get it wet for a month & wear a plug in that ear at night. Of course that didn't help either. (He was a week from retirement when I saw him... hmmm) The next two ENT's and the two audiologists have all been quite thorough. They've done additional hearing tests that do show significant hearing loss in that ear for every day hearing - normal conversations on that side of my head are a lost cause - am getting pretty good at reading lips. Still nobody can find the problem. It's constant - nothing makes it stop or get less loud. Lying down, standing up, pushing on veins or arteries, nothing helps. It's faster when exercising, slower when resting. I've tried eliminating sodium from the diet, eliminating alcohol, wearing a night guard (which does help the tmj but does nothing for the whooshing). At this point, I just live with it.... but it would be really nice if there was a way to make it stop. PS - I also have narcolepsy which was diagnosed about 15 years ago and re-verified a few years ago again. I have been taking dexadrine for years, now dosage is lowest ever (5mg, 3X day). Docs don't think there's any correlation between this and the ear thing, but figured I'd toss it in here just in case.
  • Interesting...I have ear whoosing in my left ear. It started four years ago, while I was taking dexadrine for Narcolepsy. I had to cut my 5 mg pills into quarters because the dose your are taking suddenly became to much for me... I am a Nuclear Medicine Technologist, and I know how doctors can overlook symptoms! I don't know whether you will ever read this note, but I could hardly believe your final note in your blog. Wow!! What are the odds. Seriously!!! I'm still taking the dexedrine, and still have the noise in my ear. It's constant, and my ear feels full all the time. At least the dizziness and vertigo are pretty much gone, thank goodness because that was horrible the first year after this started. Blood pressure is usually on the low side, even taking the dexedrine. If you want to connect, email me @ sheilabadry@sympatico.ca I just can't believe the coincidence. I don't know anyone else with narcolepsy, and also don't know anyone else with this condition, nor anyone who takes the same drug. Seems like it might be worth investigating!!!!I'm also going to ask my doc about "carotid cavernous fistul" that one poster mentioned. Good luck everyone.
    RodeoSam 16 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had this going on for over two years. I had headaches then the whooshing in my ear I can stop the noise by pressing on my artery on the right side of my neck. The nerulogists says i have intercarnial hypertension. I have had spinal taps and the pressure from my spinal tap was extremely high. I take a fluid pill daily and none of the symptoms are getting better. I have also lost over 30 pounds because my doctor says weight causes this issue. Does anybody know a good doctor in Virginia that can help me the whosshing sound is enough to make me go insane.Thanks
  • Big update! To save you going back to read previous posts... this started as on and off pulsatile tinnitus about 8 or 9 years back. I saw a half dozen doctors in the first 4 or 5 years, some of whom were pathetically inept (one told me to get counselling when my eyes teared up because he told me there was nothing wrong, another said don't get my ear wet for a month, another said I wasn't producing enough ear wax). The past few years, the WHOOSH-WHOOSH in my ear is constant, 24-7. It's faster when I'm exercising, slower when I'm sleeping. It's always loud. My ear still feels "full". Hearing has definitely gotten WAY worse as time has gone on... pretty much deaf in that ear now. I'm otherwise very healthy, non-smoker. I have narcolepsy & take a very low dose of amphetamines daily. Ran my first half marathon April 2010 at the age of 41... so weight and blood pressure are not part of the cause in my case.ANYWAY - A couple of months ago, I went back to a specialist for ear nose throat - one of the (good) ones I had seen a few years ago. She said when she looked in my ear it didn't look normal, but she couldn't say what the problem is. She also said she wouldn't stop until she figured it out. (HOORAY!)SO... had a MRI of the head. Had a MRI Angio (looks at the blood vessels in the head). Between those two someone spotted something that "could be something"... so I went for another CT scan of the head. By the way - those are all some really cool pictures to see!Anyway - this time they found something. Still not sure exactly what though. On one side of my head, the ear canal and all the spaces & bones look like they're supposed to. On the other side, the spaces appear to be full of "something". The specialist has given me two potential diagnoses:(1) Could be an aneurysm in that area. A blood vessel has weakened and enlarged and it's actually blood filling up the area. Kind of like blowing a balloon up in a box, with any luck it's not going anywhere. (Thank goodness since I'd like to do a triathlon next).(2) Likely it's something called a "glomus tumor". On the good side, these are almost always NOT cancerous. Also they grow very slow. Bad part is, it's something growing in the head, and sometimes they grow on or around or near the jugular or carotid in the neck. Yuck. She has sent all these scans and stuff to another specialist and some neuro guys for their opinion and review. Once they have a look, I'll be going to see them.Good luck to everyone living with this condition. If it's only just started for you, I know it's making you crazy, it's distracting and annoying and hard to sleep through. Get through the next while by using all the tricks the other posters have used... white noise machines, pressing your neck, ear plugs, whatever works. At some point, it really does become almost "normal" to hear it all the time, and you learn to ignore it. Honest. :)Will post again when I have an update.
    RodeoSam 16 Replies
    • August 23, 2010
    • 03:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sam -I just came across your post - and would love to talk to you more about it; my wife has had a similar condition for about 8 weeks now which is slowly driving her insane; We were on a 9 hour flight and after that she has had a whoosing non-stop noise in her ear that does not subside. If she pushes on her neck it is the only time it goes away; We have been to see numerous ENT's, Neurologists and ear specialists - and have been through many of the tests you mentioned - MRI, MRA, MRV, Carotid Artery Sonogram, Bloodwork - everything is coming back normal; No one has diagnosed anything yet - though one ENT has speculated that it is a deep inner ear pressure imbalance; another is looking to see if it is vascular since when she presses on her neck is subsides. We feel helpless at the moment - we are waiting for test results back from an MRV (scan of the veins in the neck); if this comes back negative - Im not sure what our next step should be...but Im not giving up until I get her help - if anyone who is reading this has had a similar condition or experience - I would be very appreciative and grateful to hear from you. She needs to take sleeping pills to get to sleep; this is her only relief - when she wakes up in the morning, it sometimes is not there until she gets up - and then it comes roaring back; this has also been accompanied by a feeling of pressure in her face and other ear; she has never felt like this before and it is really debilitating her; We need to find a root cause so I am giving this forum a shot to see if there is anything I can find.Thank you all for your time and consideration in helping us try to get an answer. L
    ldichiara 1 Replies
    • August 29, 2010
    • 05:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had the same problems as most of you all state here. This has happened about 2 years ago and has been non-stop ever since. When it first started I would only hear the noise when i was bending down.. it progressivly got worse and has been constant ever since. I've read up on a lot of these forums and doctor websites also brought this up to my mother who has been an RN for 13+ years. Shes never heard of these symptoms before. What I concluded (mind you im not a doctor) is that it is "pulsitile tinnitus" could be caused from a numerous ammount of things. A few of those could be a cyst growing lower ear into your neck. The cyst grows very slowly so the risk of it becoming cancerous is slim to none. Another thing is severe hypertension (high-blood pressure) along with obesity could cause the swishing sound in the ear. A few other things that ive experience on a regular basis with this is vertigo and dizzyness. I also feel a painful pressure behind my right eye at times. Mostly if I put any kind of pressure on that eye. Sometimes my vision also becomes blurred in this eye. Unfortunatly in most cases the sound doesnt go away for YEARS.. so ya might wanna get used to it. If its driving you absolutely insane there is therapy to help you block out the noise (rip-off in my opinion) I've been dealing with this for 2 years.. YES it gets annoying.. very annoying!! You could also get the cyst removed... but that will take series of mris, cat scans, ect. which = a lotta medical bills!! And there is no gaurantee that will always work out. I have also looked up the death rate with people that have pulsitile tinnitus... there werent any known deaths from this diagnosis so if your worried about that I hope that puts your mind at ease.To hopefully help myself in this situation I will continue to lose weight (not so easy) but one step at a time. Need to get my body healthy and if your struggling like me remmber that your not alone. Peace & Love,Amanda
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 8, 2010
    • 05:15 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ldichiara - I really hope your wife finds the answer to what caused her symptoms to start up. I sympathize with her, as when I first started hearing the noise inside my ear it nearly drove me crazy. It was hard to sleep and difficult to hear people talking on that side. Kept me up at night. She is lucky to have such an understanding partner who is trying to help her find answers.I've posted everything I know about my condition so far, but I'd be happy to go over it with you if you think it might help. I do have a specialist appointment coming up in mid-October to figure out what to do next now that they've actually found "something" in there that's causing it. Hopefully that will bring more answers.Things I found that helped when the noise first started, were... using a wax shapable ear plug at night in that ear - not sure why but it seemed to help muffle the noise and make it less noticeable. Also I put ear phones inside a fabric head band and played music into that ear very softly at night... just loud enough to top the pulse noise. I did find that as time went on the daytime got easier, it was just sleeping at night that was almost impossible... and that made me miserable and exhausted during the day. If you would like to email directly instead of on this forum, that's fine too. rodeosam@hotmail.comAs i get more information I will post it here. I've found good info from others sharing their stories, so hopefully by sharing my experiences someone else may find answers... or at least find hope!
    RodeoSam 16 Replies
    • September 9, 2010
    • 00:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been reading all your posts with great interest as I have had this whooshing sound in my ears the last few weeks or so: Interestingly, I have also had neck pains and eye blurriness for at least 6 months. I did not think they could be related. I also have headaches if I have a few glasses of alcohol, headaches that feel like I have been beaten with a brick.I don't know if anyone here has heard of EFT, but I tried this as I was reading all of the other postings on the potential sources of the problem. If you do not know EFT, it is a 'tapping' technique on Acupressure points. I went to an Acupuncturist 6 months ago when the neck pain started and she said it was a microscopic blood clot. I am beginning to think all my symptoms are related. Anyway, the EFT I am speaking of seems to have calmed the whooshing in my ears. And this is just in the space that I have been sitting here desperately looking for an answer in these posts.I know it may sound hokey, but anything is worth a try. I use EFT often for personal issues, and since it has helped it makes sense to share it. Since it's too long to describe and I'm no expert, you can read about it at emofree.com. Best of luck. 5 min and counting...and no whooshing....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 8, 2010
    • 08:55 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement