Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Tingling pressure in face & neck, dizziness

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 3, 2008
  • 11:59 AM

I can't seem to get any doctors to help with this. I get almost a constant prickly, tingling sensation in my face, along with a feeling that my face and neck are going to explode with pressure. At the same time that this occurs, I am dizzy to the point of difficulty walking, and feel so bad inside that it's debilitating. There is also a band of tightness around my chest, and a feeling that my stomach cavity is pressurized and distended. Sometimes the tingling and pressure extend down to the top sides of my forearms. I've had heart issues ruled out. They found a blockage in one artery bad enough to put in a stint. Carotid ultrasound and CT of brain revealed nothing except minor blockage they said. No one talks about the veins, just the arteries. Several doctors have talked about neurological problems, but this definitely feels like vascular.....same sensation as bending over and having the blood rush into your face and head but much worse and doesn't go away. Help? Anyone know what this might be?

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Hi there,I have very similar symptoms - all except the stomach problem and the dizziness doesn't seem as bad. I feel like my face an particularly my neck is about to explode! It is so uncomfortable. Like you said, it feels the same as if you hang your head upside down for a long period. My doctor also says don't worry about it - I feel as though it is a blood pressure problem, but whilst my blood pressure is higher than usual for me (as I am usually very low) it is still within the normal range and the doctors say its fine. I suffer from anxiety and they tell me that this is what it is but I am sure it is blood related` - my anxiety medication does not relieve it. Have you had any success in a diagnosis since your post?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 8, 2009
    • 06:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • This happened to me recently and I couldn't figure out the cause right away. 2 nights in a row I felt the same pressure in my head and slight dizziness. My blood pressure is fine and it only happened at night. It turned out that I was having an allergic reaction to Zoloft. I stopped taking it and the symptoms have stopped. If you are taking a medication, it may be the cause. Good luck. This is a debilitating condition and wouldn't wish it on anyone.Hi there,I have very similar symptoms - all except the stomach problem and the dizziness doesn't seem as bad. I feel like my face an particularly my neck is about to explode! It is so uncomfortable. Like you said, it feels the same as if you hang your head upside down for a long period. My doctor also says don't worry about it - I feel as though it is a blood pressure problem, but whilst my blood pressure is higher than usual for me (as I am usually very low) it is still within the normal range and the doctors say its fine. I suffer from anxiety and they tell me that this is what it is but I am sure it is blood related` - my anxiety medication does not relieve it. Have you had any success in a diagnosis since your post?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 23, 2010
    • 11:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This is happening to me right now. left hand side of my face is tingling, the past 5 days i have had redness in my face. dizziness is an issue with slight disorientation.a year ago this first happened, it was much worse and i was admitted to hospital. i had CT scans and Doppler tests on my arteries. the diagnosis was hemiplaegic migraine.i had several episodes over three months, but nothing until last week. it comes over in waves that can last hours or all night. At the same time i feel exhausted and feel i could sleep even standing up.i am worried that this is not migraine - six days this has lasted this time round. All the reserch i do on this and other symptoms keeps throwing up MS. now i'm scared, but also worried that doctors wont take this seriously.This happened to me recently and I couldn't figure out the cause right away. 2 nights in a row I felt the same pressure in my head and slight dizziness. My blood pressure is fine and it only happened at night. It turned out that I was having an allergic reaction to Zoloft. I stopped taking it and the symptoms have stopped. If you are taking a medication, it may be the cause. Good luck. This is a debilitating condition and wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I can't seem to get any doctors to help with this. I get almost a constant prickly, tingling sensation in my face, along with a feeling that my face and neck are going to explode with pressure. At the same time that this occurs, I am dizzy to the point of difficulty walking, and feel so bad inside that it's debilitating. There is also a band of tightness around my chest, and a feeling that my stomach cavity is pressurized and distended. Sometimes the tingling and pressure extend down to the top sides of my forearms. I've had heart issues ruled out. They found a blockage in one artery bad enough to put in a stint. Carotid ultrasound and CT of brain revealed nothing except minor blockage they said. No one talks about the veins, just the arteries. Several doctors have talked about neurological problems, but this definitely feels like vascular.....same sensation as bending over and having the blood rush into your face and head but much worse and doesn't go away. Help? Anyone know what this might be? I know how you feel. I have been experiencing the same problems. I get a tingling and burning in my face and head I also get pressure there and in my neck. I have seen a Neaurologist and he told me it's neuropathy from being a diabetic but I disagree. I have also been told it could be a pinched nerve in my spine. The pressure gets so bad sometimes it feels like I could pass right out. I can honestly say that it feels like I' m standing on my head all day long I deal with these symptoms. I sit at my desk at work and cry because I can find nothing to relieve it........I wish I could be more help to you but I am in the dark about this as much as you are......Treena
    HelloTreena 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I know how you feel. I have been experiencing the same problems. I get a tingling and burning in my face and head I also get pressure there and in my neck. I have seen a Neaurologist and he told me it's neuropathy from being a diabetic but I disagree. I have also been told it could be a pinched nerve in my spine. The pressure gets so bad sometimes it feels like I could pass right out. I can honestly say that it feels like I' m standing on my head all day long I deal with these symptoms. I sit at my desk at work and cry because I can find nothing to relieve it........I wish I could be more help to you but I am in the dark about this as much as you are......Treenahello do you still have this problem as i have it so bad OMG i go to the E.R. and they say its reflux but i burn in my neck and i have so much pressure in the front of my neck i feel like im confused and disoriented and the tightness and pressure in my neck is unbearable and position can trigger it and it makes pressure in my head too but worse in the front of my neck i dont know what to do i feel like i am dying and nobody will help i worry its blockages as im a diabetic and its not controlled causes all medicines make me sick so i have to suffer AND THAT I DEFINATELY DO!! i cannot beleieve this is stress or reflux as the tightneing feeling and pressure isnt in my throat its in my neck but ive had alot of strange symptoms for 34 years now and ive worried its aa neaurlogical disease or metabolic ive been so ssick now for if we can ever chat i would love too just to know someone else knows what i am going thru helps a bit..
  • hello do you still have this problem as i have it so bad OMG i go to the E.R. and they say its reflux but i burn in my neck and i have so much pressure in the front of my neck i feel like im confused and disoriented and the tightness and pressure in my neck is unbearable and position can trigger it and it makes pressure in my head too but worse in the front of my neck i dont know what to do i feel like i am dying and nobody will help i worry its blockages as im a diabetic and its not controlled causes all medicines make me sick so i have to suffer AND THAT I DEFINATELY DO!! i cannot beleieve this is stress or reflux as the tightneing feeling and pressure isnt in my throat its in my neck but ive had alot of strange symptoms for 34 years now and ive worried its aa neaurlogical disease or metabolic ive been so ssick now for if we can ever chat i would love too just to know someone else knows what i am going thru helps a bit..I've had a similar problem a few times(2 times) and I had this numbness in my groin and I feel like I was going to pass out thought my head was going to explode except it didn't last long.
  • Has anybody thought to search out a LLMD, and find out if what you have is Lyme disease. The only reason I ask is that I have met several people on the web with similar symptoms who were eventually diagnosed with Lyme by a qualified Lyme Literate Medical doctor. Please consider this, as this may be your road to recovery. It takes a long time to get better, but you will feel better if this is in fact Lyme. Please e-mail me at skr_health@yahoo.com.
    Sharon2010 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement