Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Severe Stomach pain, Left Side, worse after Eating

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jason22
  • October 2, 2008
  • 08:58 PM

Im 30 years old, 6'2" and 200 poinds which is average weight. My stomach always hurts and has hurt daily for a year now. Hurts more and more after meals. I had an upper endoscopy and upper barium xrays, as well as a CT Scan. Blood work was done and the markers for IBS, Crohn's, Ulcerite colitu, Giartia Antibody, etc.. were checked and all came back ok. Only thing that showed was minor gastritus. My upper and lower left side hurt. I get bloated can feel a clicking feeling when I press my upper left area after eating. Also I feel better when I put pressure on the painful area.
My doctors couldn't find anything wrong, no ulcers or nothing, they prescribed Prevacid for the minor gastritus but it has not helped at all. I probably sound like alot of other people with similar problems on the board and I know I am new but I am at a loss. I keep saying it will go away but it never does. I have never had food alergies in the past. My gut has gotten a bit bigger over the past year with age as I am not as active as I use to be but I am still right at average weight. I also eat alot lot less now then I use to when I was active. I just wish I could find an answer other than I can't find anything wrong with you. Thanks for any input.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement