Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

non stop vaginal bleeding

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Unregistered9210
  • September 30, 2008
  • 08:34 AM

I've been bleeding non stop for the past 3 1/2 weeks. it started when i got sick with tonsilitis for a week. during the last 2 days of my illness, i started bleeding and it hasn't stopped since. the bleeding varies from small brown dots near the clitoris area to pinkish brown bleeding scattered lightly in my underwear. Sometimes, there are blood clots in my underwear and when I pee. There were also 2-3 days about 2 weeks ago when the bleeding became a little bit heavier (comparable to the last few days of menstruation), but still far from my usual heavy menstrual flow. Last night, this heavier bleeding started again and I thought it was my period because I am already on day 44 of my cycle. My usual cycle ranges from 35-42 days. There was light blood in my urine this morning and I further assumed that my period has arrived. However, after that, there has been no blood flow for the whole day (it is now late afternoon) except for some light brown spots. This is definitely not my usual period. By the way, I am still a virgin. I am really really worried. Does anyone know what could possibly cause this bleeding?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Go to the doctor. You may have a severe kidney or bladder infection.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 30, 2008
    • 01:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been bleeding non stop for the past 3 1/2 weeks. it started when i got sick with tonsilitis for a week. during the last 2 days of my illness, i started bleeding and it hasn't stopped since. the bleeding varies from small brown dots near the clitoris area to pinkish brown bleeding scattered lightly in my underwear. Sometimes, there are blood clots in my underwear and when I pee. There were also 2-3 days about 2 weeks ago when the bleeding became a little bit heavier (comparable to the last few days of menstruation), but still far from my usual heavy menstrual flow. Last night, this heavier bleeding started again and I thought it was my period because I am already on day 44 of my cycle. My usual cycle ranges from 35-42 days. There was light blood in my urine this morning and I further assumed that my period has arrived. However, after that, there has been no blood flow for the whole day (it is now late afternoon) except for some light brown spots. This is definitely not my usual period. By the way, I am still a virgin. I am really really worried. Does anyone know what could possibly cause this bleeding?The fact that you are a virgin really tells me nothing about your age. The differential diagnosis for menometrorrhagia (which is what you have) is different for young women than for older women. However, the fact remains, NO amount of unusual vaginal bleeding is normal. Your cycles are clearly irregular as well. Excessive vaginal bleeding can lead to anemia.This is certainly not a urinary or kidney infection. It is a problem with your endocrine system that is causing you to bleed irregularly and cycle irregularly (you may not even actually be ovulating, or ovulating only occasionally).You need to make an appointment with your Ob/Gyn promptly (today). You should be seeing an Ob/Gyn every year, whether you are a virgin or not, because you should be getting pap smears and checkups yearly.Good luck.
    MD2010 5 Replies
    • September 30, 2008
    • 11:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for both your replies. I will be scheduling an appointment this week. I hope it's nothing very serious...:)
    Unregistered9210 1 Replies
    • October 1, 2008
    • 03:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Can you please tell me what you told your gynecologist and what did she/he tell you in response? i have the same problem, 24, virgin, and doctor just didnt even want to do any exams and suggested birth control. I was very upset and "stormed out" because she did not even examine me. Her solution was birth control without any reasonable cause. I was very worried
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 23, 2011
    • 08:18 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement