Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Nerve damage in chest?

Posted In: Nerve conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 28, 2008
  • 09:47 PM

Has anyone experience nerve damage in the chest, or neuropathy in chest? I have had severe breast pain on one side primarily for a year and half. The neuro dr. thought it was neuropathic, but we can't find the cause of it. EMG normal. Mamo normal, thoracic MRI normal, breast MRI normal. the BAD pain is on right side, and the left side only a little, but I also experience pins and needles on the left side should blade, about the size of a quarter. It's there probably about 60% of the time. The pain in the breast is there almost every day with different levels of intensity. It's deep contsant heavy pain, with bouts of slow shooting, jabbing, intensely sharp, yet dull "zings". Episodes of pain level last about 24-36 hours, and then a new level ensues. There are no triggers, it's not cyclical. Any ideas are welcome.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Has anyone experience nerve damage in the chest, or neuropathy in chest? I have had severe breast pain on one side primarily for a year and half. The neuro dr. thought it was neuropathic, but we can't find the cause of it. EMG normal. Mamo normal, thoracic MRI normal, breast MRI normal. the BAD pain is on right side, and the left side only a little, but I also experience pins and needles on the left side should blade, about the size of a quarter. It's there probably about 60% of the time. The pain in the breast is there almost every day with different levels of intensity. It's deep contsant heavy pain, with bouts of slow shooting, jabbing, intensely sharp, yet dull "zings". Episodes of pain level last about 24-36 hours, and then a new level ensues. There are no triggers, it's not cyclical. Any ideas are welcome.Hi chaup, I have the same pain like you have on my right breast for over a year,had some test done and the Dr.said there is nothing to worry about,but it still makes me crazy thinking it cauld be something else.Its a lil bit relief that i'm not alone though i hope we'll feel better.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi, about 4-6 weeks ago, I started having breast pain in both sides that was so torturious I could not wear a bra. I fractured a rib in July and have a pinched nerve in my lower back and spinal canal stenosis in my neck. Finally, I couldn't stand the pain any longer. I went to my OB to have her rule out that is was directly breast related. I went to my family doctor and he gave me meds for pain and neuropathy. I see a back dr Apr 7, 2014.
    Anonymous 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement