Discussions By Condition: Digestive conditions

constantly hungry, can't gain any weight

Posted In: Digestive conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: darkstar
  • October 30, 2006
  • 11:39 PM

Hey everyone. I'm a 22 year old male and I have a problem (atleast I think it's a problem..)

I am around 6'1, maybe 6'2 and I weigh about 145-150 lbs. I am slightly underweight and I can't seem to gain any weight no matter how much I eat. I am constantly hungry and I eat more than the average person. I am also very health concious, so I rarely eat junk food and I've been a vegetarian for about 4 years. I eat a variety of foods...tons of calories and I know I get more than enough protien, but nothing changes in my body weight.

I am always told that it's because I have a fast metabolism, but I'm thinking it might be something else. Is there a possibility that I have a digestive problem? I get extremely bad flatulence (foul smelling) from alot of the foods I eat. I believe that it's excessive because no one else I know gets like this even when they eat the same foods that I do...and when I say I get bad flatulence, I mean it. It's disgusting and has a very strong odour most of the time.

Recently I had blood work done to check my thyroid, and that test came back normal. My doctor suggested I go in for a breath test to see if I have a stomach ulcer (explaining the constant hunger), which I should probably go in for...

I don't know what to do. I feel that my doctor is very incompetent; He basically dismissed all of my problems and concerns and told me I was healthy and I'm sure that's what most doctors of conventional medicine will tell me. What a joke. I should probably find myself a naturopath doctor...

Can anyone here give me some insight on what could possibly be wrong with me? Any information would be great.

Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement