Discussions By Condition: Allergies

Itching & Sore Hands

Posted In: Allergies 1 Replies
  • Posted By: cameronnat
  • September 25, 2008
  • 05:11 AM

It's really odd, I've no idea what's wrong with me. My doctor tried to tell me that it's "Winter Itch" but I really don't think so. I don't have dry skin at all plus lotions don't seem to help me at all. The only thing that does help is taking an allergy pill but I can't live on Allergy pills for the rest of my life.

It's not all the time but when I do get itchy it feels like something is biting me and I scratch and the skin gets red and raised where I've scratched. Plus there is no specific area on my body that is itchy. It's just everywhere. Another symptom that is very weird to me is that if I do anything with my hands like opening a can of pop. I will get a red imprint on my finger or where I pressed to open it and it will throb for a few minutes. :(

Is there anyone out there who has or has had the same symptoms as me? I would love to find out what is wrong with me.

Thank-you

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• You could possibly have Dermatographic urticaria from your brief description of the red marks you raise by scratching: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatographic_urticariaOtherwise are you stopping taking an anti-histamine in winter? You could be experiencing withdrawal symptoms. I experienced terrible itching when I stopped taking my anti-histamine (Zyrtec) - turns out it is a common side effect of stopping the drug (search for stories, they are all over the web). It took me about 6 wks for the itching to stop after stopping the Zyrtec. I am never taking another anti-histamine ever again, the withdrawal symptoms were far worse than anything that it was meant to help me with.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 1, 2008
    • 03:04 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement