Discussions By Condition: Leg conditions

constant leg pain, hurts to touch

Posted In: Leg conditions 35 Replies
  • Posted By: dihmcdonald
  • October 30, 2006
  • 00:40 PM

I have suffered all my life with what I now know as RLS. My legs had to be rubbed as a child just to get to sleep. I still suffer with this..my symtoms are as just very bad cramping, tightening muscles.
In the past few months the leg cramping are constant...day and night no matter what I do. It also hurts to touch or put pressure on certain parts of my legs. Knees probably are starting to get arthritis but should not make my legs hurt like this all the time. I find myself constantly just shaking my legs while I sit just to avoid feeling the cramping.
I have told my doctor...but he just put me on Cymbalta to hopefully help the pain? I have been suffering from depression since the death of my husband 7 months ago and he feels these constant leg cramps could be part of the depression. But what would explain the PAIN when certain parts of my legs are touched or have pressure put on those areas?:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

35 Replies:

• i would like to know too. My right leg hurts the same to touch from my hip all the way down. if you touch the skin even it hurts. any idead?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 10, 2006
    • 09:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Check out para-thyroid symptons. A blood test would reveal high calcium.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 05:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Restless Leg is real and Requip does help. I can sleep now. If you take the meds in the early eveing I don't get the pain.
    loiskerr 29 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 06:06 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My right leg is also giving me a fit -- from half way between my hip and knee to halfway between my knee and ankle. Only on the front side -- not behind the knee. The muscle feels sore, but so does the skin to tough. Sometimes the knee pops -- yesterday it went out from under me and I fell. This has been going on for a couple of months. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • both of my legs between the knees & ankles are very very sensitive to the touch. they don't hurt if you don't touch them. just when somebody wraps their fingers around one to move it, or tries to massage them. then they hurt so much I almost scream. do you know what might cause this? Thanks.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 2, 2008
    • 04:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • :eek:hello all, I have the exact same pains, however, i noticed a lump in the back of my left knee (it feels and looks like fluid). Below my left knees I have a very odd pain that is sensitive to the touch. I can't sit or stand because it causes more pain. I can also feel my nerves jump from my knee to my toes. My dr. ordered a ultrasound, it showed nothing. I feel like a hypercondria, but I know this feeling is real. The doctor even saw that it is a lump, but he act as though he don't know how to treat it or what to do. If by any chance you hear any diagnosis pleaseeeeeeee email me angel_dolls_212@yahoo.com
    Please help... 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • both of my legs between the knees & ankles are very very sensitive to the touch. they don't hurt if you don't touch them. just when somebody wraps their fingers around one to move it, or tries to massage them. then they hurt so much I almost scream. do you know what might cause this? Thanks.I have the same thing but it is not only in my ankle region but if you touch other parts of my body. It feels like bees are stinging me or tin foil hitting a filling in your mouth. Very sharp and hurts. Also under my skin it feels very fibrous. Any help?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 5, 2009
    • 01:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • both of my legs between the knees & ankles are very very sensitive to the touch. they don't hurt if you don't touch them. just when somebody wraps their fingers around one to move it, or tries to massage them. then they hurt so much I almost scream. do you know what might cause this? Thanks.I too have this horrible condition. My legs don't hurt until you touch them, even my clothing against them is painful. Yes, I would scream if someone grabbed them. If you find any answers at all please, please let me know. None of my doctors seems to have any help other than more pain medicine which does nothing at all. Thank you so, so much.
  • I too have this horrible condition. My legs don't hurt until you touch them, even my clothing against them is painful. Yes, I would scream if someone grabbed them. If you find any answers at all please, please let me know. None of my doctors seems to have any help other than more pain medicine which does nothing at all. Thank you so, so much.Have your vitamin d3, and your b12 levels checked. They can both cause this condition.
    portraitn 13 Replies
    • August 15, 2009
    • 08:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have your vitamin d3, and your b12 levels checked. They can both cause this condition.I'd probably link all of your problems to Fibromyalgia. I think i have it too because sometimes my legs will hurt so bad that i can't even touch it. It almost feels like a deep sunburn or something. It's kind of hard to explain the pain. The only problem is that this is hard to diagnose because it pretty much hurts for no apparent reason and that's probably why your doctor gave you pain medication.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2009
    • 03:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • [interesting I took several calcium pills last night to sleep
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2009
    • 00:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i have this pain in both my legs from the past 5 months all along the line where bones and muscles meet.i started experiencing this pain after a week of running and physical activities.i experience pain when i run and sometimes even while walking.i feel weakness in my muscles and experience some pain when i press my hand against my legs. My doctor has said that my muscles have broken off from my bones and it would take sometime to heel. However i dont see much improvement.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2009
    • 04:50 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have your vitamin d3, and your b12 levels checked. They can both cause this condition.Can these both be checked through blood tests?I have the same symptoms (lower leg limbs aching, feel like muscules/skin are bruised and I can't bear anyone touching them). Doctors don't seem to know what it is, keep sending me for bloods and physio, not helping at all and so far best they can come up with is 'skin sentivitity' and recommend body brushing techniques and leg massage!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2010
    • 11:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • both of my legs between the knees & ankles are very very sensitive to the touch. they don't hurt if you don't touch them. just when somebody wraps their fingers around one to move it, or tries to massage them. then they hurt so much I almost scream. do you know what might cause this? Thanks.Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I have had this pain in my legs for about 20 years. I am wondering if it is a circulation problem. This is not a muscle pain or a skin pain. My legs don't hurt at all until they are touched. It is my shins and calves...anywhere below the knee and to the ankle. And it is an excrutiating pain from the lightest touch. I have not asked a doctor about this yet. Well, actually I mentioned it once and the doctor just ignored the question. Probably thought I was nuts. I have other symptoms that make me wonder about poor circulation. Tingly or numb fingers and hands at night and now, when I stand up in the morning, my feet feel a bit stiff until I walk for a moment.
  • If anyone has a certain diagnosis, let us know....I am at wits end because my 16 yr. old daughter is in pain and we can't get any answers. We've been to several doctors to no avail. She's had bone scans, blood drawn, and different prescriptions, but she's still very sensitive to the touch. She gets cramps for any (and even no) reason. She also gets these "bulges" in her legs when she runs or plays for her different teams (though not much activity is needed). She's very sports oriented, but has to cut back significantly due to complications. I'm tired of hearing that she just needs to stretch, stay hydrated and take potassium when I know it goes beyond the simple ABC's of athletics. Help!!!
  • Have your vitamin d3, and your b12 levels checked. They can both cause this condition.Has anyone tried the vitamins for this pain? I'm having the same pain and it is hard to describe to a doctor or anyone else. All the leg pain symptoms seem to refer to the bones. This is not a bone pain. As you have all said, it only hurts when my legs are touched or if I touch one leg with the other when I'm sleeping.
  • I decided to type in pain when legs are touched and I came to this page. I too have this problem. I am in mid 50's and for about the past 15 years or so it hurts so much when someone tries to massage my lower legs or just by laying in bed with my spouse. I think I will try the vitamins but hope to hear from someone about what causes this.
  • My sister was recently diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and has most of the symptoms described above, as well as hyper mobility of her joints.I have always had sensitive lower legs -- I yell in pain whenever somebody pokes them or grabs them (like my husband or children) and other mysterious occasional pains so I'm thinking of getting tested as well.Good luck to all!
  • I too have this horrible condition. My legs don't hurt until you touch them, even my clothing against them is painful. Yes, I would scream if someone grabbed them. If you find any answers at all please, please let me know. None of my doctors seems to have any help other than more pain medicine which does nothing at all. Thank you so, so much.Sometimes my legs hurt when my pant legs touch them or if I touch my legs. I sure would like to find out why this happens.
  • I have had this pain in my lower leg for 2 days now. My knee hurt and my foot was stiff the first day. Now my leg hurts to the touch from my knee to my ankle. I can get temporary relief from the pain and sensitivity of the skin by rubbing it with alcohol and avacado seed solution.To make the solution take one avocado and remove the seeds. Cut the seeds into small enough pieces to fit into alcohol container. You can also leave them whole and put them and the alcohol into a jar with a sealing lid like a mason jar. The seeds need to sit in the alcohol for a few weeks before they turn it red. Shake occasionally. When the alcohol is red it is ready for application. I realize this solution takes 3 weeks and you have pain now. This has worked for sore muscles and other pain in the past so it is worth having around.So far there has been no diagnosis offered for the cause of the pain or a remedy other than B12 and D3 vitamins. I have not tried them yet. It seems odd to me that the pain came on so quickly. The pain is not like any I have felt before due to the sensitivity of the skin to touch. I am used to muscle aches. My legs frequently need massaging especially my calf muscles which sometimes cramp at night while sleeping.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement