Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Scraed and Worried about burning sensations all over my body

Posted In: Nerve conditions 13 Replies
  • Posted By: dragonfly
  • October 30, 2006
  • 10:56 AM

hi I am 21 years old I suffer from hypochondria and I also have severe panic disorder I have been expreincing these strange hot sensations all over my body that actually feel like I am going to catch on fire I really do not know what it is but all I know is that I am scared and I want to know if anyone out there can help me to find out what it is and how I can treat it or find the right doctor to help me find a treatment I have gotten a ct scan to see whether I had any interferences with my brain and nothing I have had blood work done and there are no signs of problems edgewise I have also had this dry cough for about 1 month
Someone please help me
I am really afraid and I need some hope

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• I also have experienced these "burning" sensations,,though only on my stomach area,,and I do Not suffer from Hypochondria, but have actual, very painful conditions. I have also actually thought I may burst into flames,,as strange as that sounds. The area that has the hot sensation feels hot to the touch,,so it is Not in my mind. I have had others feel it when it occurs. Good luck,,hopefully someone will figure it out.
    Mackie 1 Replies
    • October 31, 2006
    • 02:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi. i am 29 and have been coping with panic disorder for over 10 years. the burning you feel may actually happen as a side affect of the panic disorder, i used to get this feeling often and still do once in awhile. it scared me because it actually made me feel more panicky. it took me almost 8 years to get a doctor who prescribed me the right medications. i take clonopin, buspirone and a low dose of lamictal, which is strange because lamictal is actually for bipolar disorder. what the lamictal did was stabilize my moods and as i am sure you know, severe panic disorder is touchy to moods, any strange feelings can send you into a panic attack or nervous state. as for finding a doctor who will get you on the right meds...try to find a place where you can get a counselor and psychiatrist on the same staff who communicate with eachother in the same office. thats what saved me. good luck and God bless, i know its scary, but there is hope for you to stop feeling that panic fear.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 3, 2006
    • 10:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi I am 21 years old I suffer from hypochondria and I also have severe panic disorder I have been expreincing these strange hot sensations all over my body that actually feel like I am going to catch on fire I really do not know what it is but all I know is that I am scared and I want to know if anyone out there can help me to find out what it is and how I can treat it or find the right doctor to help me find a treatment I have gotten a ct scan to see whether I had any interferences with my brain and nothing I have had blood work done and there are no signs of problems edgewise I have also had this dry cough for about 1 monthSomeone please help meI am really afraid and I need some hopeHiStart taking tablet sertraline 50 mg/day in morning, along with tablet duloxetine 20mg/day and methycobalamine injections IM AST TWICE A WEEKaMIT
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • If you are having these burning sensations it is probably from adrenaline surge that can proceed or follow a severe panic attack. Your symphatic nervous system is releasing huge amounts of chemicals your not used to.
  • If you cannot find any answers from health practioners, and even if you do, I would suggest seeing a natural health practitioner, and then a shaman for a consultation. And then read Lyn Grabhorn's book: Dear God! What's Happening to Us? If you trully need a remedy, this is where you can find it.
  • I don't know why you say you suffer from hypochondria, but I do know that many Doctors have in the past told people who have Fibromyalgia or MS that they are hypochodriacs, and of course they usually are not. I have the burning sensation all over my body as does my sister. Doctors have believed her to have M S, and I was diagnosied with Fibromyalgia following spinal cord tauma in the line of ...... (at work). Perhaps you could find a better trained doctor that can better understand your health related issue. The burning sensation is said to sometimes be a side effect of medication, nerve issues, also a symptom of MS or Fibromyalgia, and trust me, it is real. Mine seems worse if I drink diet sodas that contain aspertame, but that may or may not be a factor. Anyway, just repeating what I have learned, for what it is worth. hi I am 21 years old I suffer from hypochondria and I also have severe panic disorder I have been expreincing these strange hot sensations all over my body that actually feel like I am going to catch on fire I really do not know what it is but all I know is that I am scared and I want to know if anyone out there can help me to find out what it is and how I can treat it or find the right doctor to help me find a treatment I have gotten a ct scan to see whether I had any interferences with my brain and nothing I have had blood work done and there are no signs of problems edgewise I have also had this dry cough for about 1 monthSomeone please help meI am really afraid and I need some hope
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 23, 2009
    • 06:15 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi I am 21 years old I suffer from hypochondria and I also have severe panic disorder I have been expreincing these strange hot sensations all over my body that actually feel like I am going to catch on fire I really do not know what it is but all I know is that I am scared and I want to know if anyone out there can help me to find out what it is and how I can treat it or find the right doctor to help me find a treatment I have gotten a ct scan to see whether I had any interferences with my brain and nothing I have had blood work done and there are no signs of problems edgewise I have also had this dry cough for about 1 monthSomeone please help meI am really afraid and I need some hope I have had burning itchy skin, from head to toes, for the past 7 months. 2 mris, a nerve conducting test show nothing. I take gabapentin and it takes the edge off the burning and itchy skin.
    samstarr 24 Replies
    • September 28, 2009
    • 09:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi i am 21 years old i suffer from hypochondria and i also have severe panic disorder i have been expreincing these strange hot sensations all over my body that actually feel like i am going to catch on fire i really do not know what it is but all i know is that i am scared and i want to know if anyone out there can help me to find out what it is and how i can treat it or find the right doctor to help me find a treatment i have gotten a ct scan to see whether i had any interferences with my brain and nothing i have had blood work done and there are no signs of problems edgewise i have also had this dry cough for about 1 monthsomeone please help mei am really afraid and i need some hope ************ reply********************im sorry that you are experiencing these very unpleasant symptoms. I think you should have some tests to rule out bateriological infections. You say you have a dry cough. You should get your gp to check-out your lungs (x-ray)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 28, 2010
    • 05:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi I am 21 years old I suffer from hypochondria and I also have severe panic disorder I have been expreincing these strange hot sensations all over my body that actually feel like I am going to catch on fire I really do not know what it is but all I know is that I am scared and I want to know if anyone out there can help me to find out what it is and how I can treat it or find the right doctor to help me find a treatment I have gotten a ct scan to see whether I had any interferences with my brain and nothing I have had blood work done and there are no signs of problems edgewise I have also had this dry cough for about 1 monthSomeone please help meI am really afraid and I need some hopehi i am 47 year old male my burning sensation started 4 years ago after my doctor put me on celexa for depression it is smething that comes very quickly and usually last 2 to 5 min feels like someone pumped me full of ct dye that hot feeling ya get all inside except much worse they dont know what causes it but the benefit i get from the med is great other than
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2010
    • 10:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Even if you have been accused of hypochondria (horrid, cruel assumption and accusation), even people who have that diagnosis can get physical illnesses, and doctors seem to forget that, and ignore all complaints. My mother and I both developed this horrid burning on the same day. We do not have depression or anxiety. Went through all the tests and all the rude accusing doctors. When I can afford it, I am sure a naturopath will have more wisdom, since natural medicine has been around since Adam and Eve, but the modern medical system is only 110 years old and has almost self destructed due to corruption and lack of compassion. Natural medicine is so much better with chronic problems, but modern medicine can do miracles with trauma and acute illnesses.After many months of research, I found one thing that could be causing it. Sensitivity to EMFs (Electro magnetic frequencies or dirty electricity). Even the WHO (world health organization) recognizes this growing and invisible toxin. Google "EMF sensitivity" or "dirty electricity" I got a gadget that measures EMFs in my room and a gadget that neutralizes it, and have been better in many symptoms.Here is a site to get you started about EMF sensitivity. http://www.dirtyelectricity.ca/electrical_hypersensitivity.htmThere are links to other articles all over this website.
    Bluebirdy 11 Replies
    • December 28, 2010
    • 03:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi i am 47 year old male my burning sensation started 4 years ago after my doctor put me on celexa for depression it is smething that comes very quickly and usually last 2 to 5 min feels like someone pumped me full of ct dye that hot feeling ya get all inside except much worse they dont know what causes it but the benefit i get from the med is great other thanI have been taking citalopram (generic celexa) for about 5 yrs now and never had this happen. However it did happen last night, exactly as this poster states. I am also 47, i am female. When i explained this to folks i was with they didn't understand as they never had the ct scan before. Very strange and a little worriesome. I went to the Dr and some testing was done. All tests were fine, not sure why this happened.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2011
    • 05:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hello I'm 14 years old and have been experiencing these burning sensations since I was little. It started in my stomach and now it's, like, everywhere. I've asked the doctor and they just said it was hormones. I'm now on anti depressants and birth control. For any of yall does it make you depressed and sad for a week or more...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 22, 2011
    • 10:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I often have burning sensations all over my body. Today I have had them for the entire day. My family doctor thinks I am a hypochondriac. My rheumatologist says I have fibromyalgia. It is unfortunate that when doctors don't know what you have the call it hypochodriasis. I don't think you are a hypohondriac. I think you have a physical problem and you need to find a new doctor. Yes, I need a new doctor also.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement