Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

sudden blackout in vision??

Posted In: Eye conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: timefall
  • October 30, 2006
  • 05:04 AM

Hi, I have a problem, I am 18 years old, I have a few things wrong..

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever had a light headed feeling, tingling then numbness all over the body, and as this happens you go blind. I know that when you get up too quick, it happens. But it happens to me when im laying down, sat relaxed, walking, standing.. its random. I am not sure what causes it, because it has happened since i was about 8 or 9 years old.

No doctor would believe me, being so young at the time, probably thinking i jump around and that causes it.. It seems to be coming more often and for longer periods of time, now the blindness can be for as short as 5 seconds to 40 seconds. I am on no medications so I know it is not caused as a side effect. I have explained this to the doctor, he sent me for a blood test and it came back normal. Also i have two cervical ribs (for those who don't know what that is, it is an extra rib that grows above the first rib). Im not sure if that could cause blindness?

Any replies are greatly appreciated

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement