Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

Rebound Hyperemia

Posted In: Eye conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: bryan9182
  • September 16, 2008
  • 02:59 AM

A few years ago I was out at a party in front of a camp fire for several hours and noticed my eyes became bloodshot. I went inside and dropped some visine in, then went back out. Came back in an hour later to see that my eyes were red again, so I dropped more visine in. This cycle repeated about 3-4 times that night. The next day, I woke up with red eyes again, so I dropped more visine in. At the time I did not know about rebound redness and well.........this is where I am now.

To this day I have been addicted to Vasoconstricter eye drops. Visine, Clear Eyes, Opcon-A....you name it. I've used them all for a couple years. It's the only way my eyes arent bloodshot. About 1 month ago I quit them cold turkey, hoping my eyes could heal. Unfortunately, my eyes have not gotten much better. They are still red everyday and still become worse when I am present to certain things (computers, wind, air conditioning, bright lights.) etc

I am really concerned that there might not be any cure for this. I am going to see an eye doctor soon, but I am afraid hes going to tell me theres nothing he can do for me, and I am going to look like this forever. Has anyone ever heard of a story like this.......and do you know if there is indeed a cure?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement