Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

suddenly my corrective lenses are making one eye worse??!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: katelouise88
  • September 14, 2008
  • 00:12 PM

I am mildly short-sighted and have been wearing glasses/ contact lenses for this for the past 4 years or so. Lately I have noticed a blurring of the vision of my right eye from about 4 inches onwards, and when I put my glasses on instead of correcting the blurriness they make it worse! It tends to get worse as the day wears on also. My left eye is fine - still benefiting from my glasses. I went to an optometrist to get an eye check and all they said is that I just need a stronger pair of glasses, which they ordered for me and I am waiting on. This doesn't seem to make sense to me - how come this blurriness is only occurring in one eye and how come putting my glasses on makes it worse?! Could it possibly be eyestrain and that once I get my new glasses and start wearing them my eyes will go back to normal? I hope so, but I'm worried that since the optometrist detected no difference in either eye that my new glasses aren't going to help the problem. Also I went to an ophthalmologist and they found nothing at all wrong with the health of my eye. Please let me know you're opinions because I'm sick of not being able to see properly!!! :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement