Discussions By Condition: Blood conditions

Bleeding from no wound.

Posted In: Blood conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 4, 2008
  • 03:08 PM

Hi, my name is Alex...and I bleed a lot.
My problem seems to puzzle a lot of people. Last Saturday evening, I was simply relaxing on my couch in the living room. I felt a liquid running down my back, so I investigated. After standing up, I noticed that I was bleeding from my lowerback, above my right hip. I cleaned the area, and took a harder look. There is no wound. No cut. No scratch. No gash. Nothing. Absolutely no visible inperfection in the skin, and you would not know anything is wrong until you see the blood start to flow. Its extremely local and precise, to the size of a pinpoint.

I shrugged it off and applied a bandaid. It continued to bleed throughout the night. Bled through the bandages over the night, and when I removed them in the morning, it continued to bleed. I applied pressure for a good 30 minutes with a fresh gauze pad, and it did not help. Over the next 36 hours, it never stopped bleeding. Constant flow. By this time, there was blood all over my apartment and decided to have a doctor look at it.

She was stumped. She cauterized the area with a silver nitrate stick and ordered for me to get some bloodwork done. I don't get this back until Monday, and I would like to get some opinions so I don't worry all weekend =/

Im a 23 year old male with no major health issues. Sure im a bit stressed out, and maybe have high anxiety, but nothing really serious. I have never been diagnosed with any blood disorder, and I don't believe my family has a history of any blood disorder as well.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• My mother has shown similar symptoms as you did. And I have no idea why.It does not continue bleeding like yours did but sometimes when she wakes up from her bed, I see blood at her back. When I check, I can't find any wound or anything alike on her body every time it happens. My mom's skin is clean, just her clothes at the back are stained with the blood. I'm very perplexed. If you could kindly tell me what diagnosis they gave you, I'd greatly appreciate it. So I have some idea what's happening to her.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 28, 2009
    • 08:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a friend people and this only happened today. 4-20-10. she woke up with blood on her back. no wound no nothing just like how you guys describe it. im afriad something serious is wrong! please give me a diagnosis!thank youill keep watching over this site
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am not sure if I have the same thing as you. But I have been having unexplained bleeds from my skin. I was typing on my laptop one day and saw a dark spot on my hand. when I looked, it was a small pool of blood ( hadn't dripped yet ). I grabbed a tissue & wiped it and there was nothing there but a teeny tiny red spot. It took forever to stop it from bleeding. I also noticed there were unexplained blood spots all over my bed sheets ( no, there are no bugs ). So I made an appointment with an Internal Medicine doctor. He ran a battery of tests, HIV, Hep C, Thyroid, etc etc. which were negative. The only thing that came back was that my blood platelets were low ( blood platelets are made in bone marrow and make your blood coagulate ). This was about a week ago and we still have no answers. So next week he is setting me up with an appointment with a Hematologist. Has anyone here gotten a diagnosis yet? If not and they figure my prob out, I will post back with the answer.~Hope you are all well ~
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2010
    • 06:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am not sure if I have the same thing as you. But I have been having unexplained bleeds from my skin. I was typing on my laptop one day and saw a dark spot on my hand. when I looked, it was a small pool of blood ( hadn't dripped yet ). I grabbed a tissue & wiped it and there was nothing there but a teeny tiny red spot. It took forever to stop it from bleeding. I also noticed there were unexplained blood spots all over my bed sheets ( no, there are no bugs ). So I made an appointment with an Internal Medicine doctor. He ran a battery of tests, HIV, Hep C, Thyroid, etc etc. which were negative. The only thing that came back was that my blood platelets were low ( blood platelets are made in bone marrow and make your blood coagulate ). This was about a week ago and we still have no answers. So next week he is setting me up with an appointment with a Hematologist. Has anyone here gotten a diagnosis yet? If not and they figure my prob out, I will post back with the answer.~Hope you are all well ~i think you have hemophilia b look up the symptoms.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2010
    • 00:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I just had a similar thing occur (completely soaked the arm of my shirt before I noticed). My running theory is blood thinning from medication. I'm currently on two antibiotics and two pain-killers. Spontaneous bleeding has also been noted as a rare side-effect to ginkgo biloba. So take a look at your pills.
    OGRastamon 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have a 1 year old niece who has almost similar symptoms.Her forehead,palms and feet bleeds occasionally. It just happens only for a few minutes though.its been happening ever since she is one month old.it feels like she it irritates her or pains when it happens. Doctors have not been able to explain why...It would be of great help if any of you can let me know on the tests you have taken.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • January 22, 2014
    • 08:57 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement