Discussions By Condition: Anal/Rectal Conditions

Anal abscess or hemorrhoid?

Posted In: Anal/Rectal Conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jimsie
  • September 2, 2008
  • 10:28 AM

About 4 weeks ago i found a lump in my anus, i presumed it was a hemorrhoid because it was itchy. But then i started to get all the symptoms of an anal abscess so i went to the doctors and she said it was a hemorrhoid and gave me ointment which got rid of the itching.

It then started to hurt and the other symptoms were still occuring: night chills, nausia, loss of appatite, fatigue. So i went back to the doctor who refferres me onto a different doctor 2 weeks later. By then it seemed to have shrunk alot with no pain or itching or anything. The 3rd doctor suggested that i get it tested at hospital but that would take a whole day under local anasthetic so i said there wasnt much point because it isnt effecting me anymore.

But now it has started to hurt again with the same symptoms. The doctor told me the pain would be extremely bad if it was an anal abscess where as the pain is just more unconfortable but enough to effect my sleep. Also would an anal abscess shrink for 2 weeks like that?

I think its possible that the other symptoms may be because of something else as i found out i had hypertension aswell.

I have had a blood test, would that detect Chrons disease or an abscess? Everything has made me worry alot and become very anxious, i cant really think about anything else since im scared of it being an anal abscess or something worse. I think my anxiety is making things worse.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement