Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

lump: back of neck on top of spine. tension headaches.

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: paulallen
  • August 31, 2008
  • 01:49 AM

Okay so i used to get these tension headaches.. one of them lasted nearly a month. That was approx. 6 months ago. Recently they came back while i was having sex with my girlfriend and would happen again everytime we would do it. I figured it was just the muscles in my neck getting tense from the orgasm. I saw a doctor he gave me some meds, everything starting getting better. That was about 2 weeks ago. They stopped about 6 days ago.. and i think im in the clear. But 2 days ago i woke up with a stiff neck, the same area that would tense up and cause these headaches. The stiffness sort of went away but it still hurts alot.. so i was digging around today, trying to find where the pain was coming from and i found a lump on the top of my spine / back of neck. Could this be a knot from muscles spasms? It still feels like the pain from a stiff neck but i think its the pain of the pressure being put on my spine or something from this lump. The lump itself is hard and about the size of my thumbnail. Im freaking out, i need to know what this is. I don't think there are any glands in the back of the neck there.. so it can't be from an infection of any kind. what the eff man, ive never had a muscle spasm knot before i dont know what they are.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement