Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

diarrhea all the time for 20 years

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 30, 2008
  • 05:39 PM

I have been trying to get an answer to this and it seems like pulling teeth.I get diarrhea 4 times a week i had every test done last year my gastro doc said there is for testing this i had a colonoscopy found one small polyp it was normal thank god,blood tests normal,stool analysis normal,Upper endoscopy said i have 2 things that look like small ulcers but wasnt sure not sure if they were or not.not what that means and a barium swallow x ray said i have inflamed intestines and maybe there inflamed from taking so much imodium im not sure why he would say that ?i know its not from taking imodium i get diarrhea 4 times a week for over 20 years i have no choice i have to take imodium so i can go out.thats the only answer i ever got and i wanst sure what he meant until i started searching the web.Does having inflamed intestines mean I have Colitis or ibs?theres no blood thank god just diarrea but theres always alot of mucus. I guess ill have to make an appot and go back and talk to the gastro doc. its just not normal to get diarrhea 4 times a week and its making it very hard to work and have a normal life.it doesnt matter what i eat i get it from everything i eat although some things seem to make it worse like fast food so i dont eat that anymore but i still get diarrhea 4 times a week.anyone?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement