Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Poor Circulation and Itching

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Inquiry4me
  • August 28, 2008
  • 04:42 AM

Since I was a teenager I've had poor circulation with itching. It would happen when I stood in one spot and occasionally my feet would start itching.

The quick cure was to sit/lay down and elevate my feet. A few times the cure was not quick, however it always worked. Sometimes my feet would throb if I didn't catch it quick enough.

I've always had low blood pressure.

In the past few days this itching as become acute! My feet itch while I'm sitting, my hands and arms start itching through out the day, and the bottoms of my feet when I stand. Sometimes even my ears.

When I lay down I need to elevate my feet, and the itching still takes a while to subside.

A second symptom in the last few days is very dry skin. I've been slathering on the lotion several times a day. I'm drinking more water due to the dry conditions.

Perhaps the combination of the two symptoms are what's driving me crazy, however, lotion doesn't always help nor does elevating my extremities or both.

Any suggestions folks?

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Is it the same in both legs?
    Felsen 510 Replies
    • August 30, 2008
    • 08:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Are you a female? How old are you?
    Felsen 510 Replies
    • August 30, 2008
    • 08:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Get checked for diabetes and have your glands checked, too..like thyroid tests.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • August 31, 2008
    • 06:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Felsen, Yes, it is the same in both legs. It was the same in both my hands, legs, feet, arms etc at the same time. Yes, I am female. I found the cure. And the cure is unsettling at best: I was prescribed a non-narcotic, "non-addictive" sleep medication - Seriquel. I took "non-addictive" to mean I could stop the medication any time I wanted without adverse side effects. (Silly me!) You've guessed it, I had to go without the Seriquel for approx 10 days, and during that time I had the poor circulation and itching symptoms. Each day the symptoms were getting worse, some days I stayed in bed not wanting to put my feet down. So apparently Seriquel IS addictive. Again, I am reminded doctors "practice" and it is not an exact science. The drug companies and doctors are in business to make money. Quick fixes sell. Period. No need to waste time in lengthy research. Our society is based on quick money, causing people to loose sight of responsibilities and consequences. Monsterlove, I was tested for diabetes and thyroid last year. All good there. Thanks for your replies. Thanks for letting me share.
    Inquiry4me 1 Replies
    • September 6, 2008
    • 03:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Itching skin is proberly an allergy something you are eating or can problems with the kidneys maybe start of a urine infection but have no idea why your feet ache
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 8, 2008
    • 11:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms, and the doctor told me that it is Anemia. I have been taking an iron pill for the past 6 weeks and it is getting better. A different symptom that I had was skin color changes. When I would scratch or even touch my skin, it would turn a very pale color and stay that way for about 2-3 minutes. Do you have this also?
    adolly147 1 Replies
    • October 15, 2008
    • 08:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you ever heard of PBC, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis? :confused: I have had similar symtoms for 10+ years and then developed servere upper stomach pain. I finally got to the right doctor after 10 years of treatments that only lasted a short time or didn't work at all. I have a liver biopsy next week to confirm the diagnosis but it sure explains alot. Have a great day!
    still confused 1 Replies
    • October 17, 2008
    • 07:42 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement