Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Mysterious Excessive Leg Bruising

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 28, 2006
  • 04:34 PM

I am a white female in my early twenties. Mysterious bruises have been appearing on my legs for a while now, mostly on my thighs, but also on my calves. Sometimes they appear and I can not figure out how I got them. I know I am not that clumsy, and they appear sometimes in strange places where bruises do not usually appear. I have always bruised fairly easily, but the bruising has become more excessive and constant in the past several months. I don't like to wear skirts or shorts anymore because of them. They are usually small, and light brown. Most of them are only very small and look like fingerprints. Ocassionally there will be larger ones. Currently I have about seven on each thigh, and three on one calf. I work at a bar standing on my feet and carrying heavy materials for long periods of time. At first I thought that I must be accidentally bumping into things while at work, but now I think there must be some other cause. Besides, if I slight bump at work would cause a bruise, then there must be something else happening. I have been a vegetarian for years, so at first I thought that this bruising may be a sign of anemia. I was also fearful of something more severe such as lukemia or the like, but my bruises are so small I don't think that is possible. One doctor told me that it may be that I have more veins closer to the surface of my skin that bruise easier when bumped. I don't know... Does anyone have any ideas what would cause such bruises?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement