Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

enlarged tastebuds??

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: beckysue87
  • August 27, 2008
  • 05:20 AM

A couple of months ago, my tastebuds became inflamed. The ones on the front of my tongue just fealt like i burned my mouth by eating something to hot. The ones on the back of my tongue, though; became quite enlarged to an extreme size, and weird shape. It went away, so i didnt think ne thing of it. Now just about 2 1/2 weeks ago it came back. But at first the ones in the back didnt swell up. Today I looked and the whole top of the tongu all the way to the back, the tast buds are inflammed. This causes my tongue to burn everytime i eat, drink, smoke, brush my teeth. Everything i put in my mouth causes it to burn. It feels bumpy, looks bumpy, and sensitivity feels like it would if you burned your tongue. Also, the sides of my mouth have been cracking cuz a sore on each side. But there not like canker sores, just the skin is split no bumps on the outside of my mouth. There is also nothing on my gums or my cheeks. But since last thursday i've had a cold. So i think just a sinus cold. I dont know if either of these two problems have ne thing to do with eachother. I had first thought oral herpes; but when searched online no pictures resemble what my tongue looks like so i kinda ruled that out. But, i've also noticed on the genital region about the same time this started i have a couple of bumps on the inside of the vaginal lips, also very very small white bumps which i've heard called "papullas" i think. If ne one can help please :D

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement