Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

enlarged tastebuds??

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 9 Replies
  • Posted By: beckysue87
  • August 27, 2008
  • 05:20 AM

A couple of months ago, my tastebuds became inflamed. The ones on the front of my tongue just fealt like i burned my mouth by eating something to hot. The ones on the back of my tongue, though; became quite enlarged to an extreme size, and weird shape. It went away, so i didnt think ne thing of it. Now just about 2 1/2 weeks ago it came back. But at first the ones in the back didnt swell up. Today I looked and the whole top of the tongu all the way to the back, the tast buds are inflammed. This causes my tongue to burn everytime i eat, drink, smoke, brush my teeth. Everything i put in my mouth causes it to burn. It feels bumpy, looks bumpy, and sensitivity feels like it would if you burned your tongue. Also, the sides of my mouth have been cracking cuz a sore on each side. But there not like canker sores, just the skin is split no bumps on the outside of my mouth. There is also nothing on my gums or my cheeks. But since last thursday i've had a cold. So i think just a sinus cold. I dont know if either of these two problems have ne thing to do with eachother. I had first thought oral herpes; but when searched online no pictures resemble what my tongue looks like so i kinda ruled that out. But, i've also noticed on the genital region about the same time this started i have a couple of bumps on the inside of the vaginal lips, also very very small white bumps which i've heard called "papullas" i think. If ne one can help please :D

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• Get to your doc. Sounds to me like a yeast infection and oral thrush. Let me know if you find out.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 7, 2008
    • 05:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It actually is just an oral yeast infection...but i dont have insurance so with out antibiotics its been hard to control. Just been using lots a mouth wash w/ peroxide. I was told to throw everything away and buy brandnew, ie mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss ne thing i used in my mouth. It seems to really be fine now, i just have to keep using the mouth wash. It seems fine, i notice if i smoke a lot the next morning theyre enflamed again, but i think thats just from smoking.
    beckysue87 1 Replies
    • October 7, 2008
    • 11:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,Have you tried adding multi B vits, Folic acid and methly B12 . . .sounds like a Vit B defieciency . .I had one just like it.Best wishes,Sue T
    morabshadow 18 Replies
    • October 9, 2008
    • 01:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Do you know that you don't necessarly need antibiotics from a doctor to rid of an infection. If I were you I would go to the health food store and get something like grapefruit seed extract or aged garlic these have anti bacterial virus and fungi properties and can be used as an antibiotic. They boost your immune system and have many healing benefits. You can research this on your own or talk to someone at the health food store. You don't need insurance to buy these. And they are cheap. They are not approved by the FDA because they can not patten these, aka there's no money to be made from them because they are natural. So if you take this up at your doctor chances are he she will say I don't recommend this because it won't work, there not strong enough or I don't know anything about medicinal herbs or food supplements. It is because most M.D.'s don't know jack about how to keep the body going only how to match a problem with a drug. Its the truth. I would also recommend looking into your health get on a good food based multivitamin and do some different beneficial things such as cleasing your body.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • If I were you I would go to the health food store and get something like grapefruit seed extract or aged garlic these have anti bacterial virus and fungi properties and can be used as an antibiotic.I'm certainly not a scientist, but I've never heard of an "anti bacterial virus." I seem to remember that there is a distinct difference between bacteria and viruses. I also remember from all those times that my kids were sick with something viral that an antibiotic cannot be used to treat it.
  • I'm certainly not a scientist, but I've never heard of an "anti bacterial virus." I seem to remember that there is a distinct difference between bacteria and viruses. I also remember from all those times that my kids were sick with something viral that an antibiotic cannot be used to treat it.Actually, I think "anti bacterial virus and fungi" was simply written without the commas. The person meant anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties, assuming that most would know what he/she meant. Of course there's always a couple of dummies out there-hence all the "For Dummies" Books. LOL. And he/she is absolutely right. Doctors are about as useful as a hole in the head unless you need emergency surgery. If we were taught real medicine-that is, nature's medicine, Mother Earth's Cures, like they teach the freaking "Food Pyramid" that has absolutely, positively, NO scientific basis and IS WRONG, most of us individuals and America wouldn't be in the health crisis' we are.
  • A couple of months ago, my tastebuds became inflamed. The ones on the front of my tongue just fealt like i burned my mouth by eating something to hot. The ones on the back of my tongue, though; became quite enlarged to an extreme size, and weird shape. It went away, so i didnt think ne thing of it. Now just about 2 1/2 weeks ago it came back. But at first the ones in the back didnt swell up. Today I looked and the whole top of the tongu all the way to the back, the tast buds are inflammed. This causes my tongue to burn everytime i eat, drink, smoke, brush my teeth. Everything i put in my mouth causes it to burn. It feels bumpy, looks bumpy, and sensitivity feels like it would if you burned your tongue. Also, the sides of my mouth have been cracking cuz a sore on each side. But there not like canker sores, just the skin is split no bumps on the outside of my mouth. There is also nothing on my gums or my cheeks. But since last thursday i've had a cold. So i think just a sinus cold. I dont know if either of these two problems have ne thing to do with eachother. I had first thought oral herpes; but when searched online no pictures resemble what my tongue looks like so i kinda ruled that out. But, i've also noticed on the genital region about the same time this started i have a couple of bumps on the inside of the vaginal lips, also very very small white bumps which i've heard called "papullas" i think. If ne one can help please :Di am having the same things happen to me and i was wondering what it is
    Jenna630515 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • i am having the same things happen to me and i was wondering what it isIf it is indead a oral yeast infectioin, eat alot of yogurt. Yogurt helps with yeast infections and works better and faster than the medicine. when my babys would get thrust it would clear up in one or two days with yogurt, but take a week with the medicine. There is also a vitamin at Wal-Mart that you can get to prevent and cure yeast infections. Pretty cheap too. I think it is called yeast be gone or something like that. It does work, when I was younger I was really prone to yeast infection, so I started taking that and I never got one again. You take one a day or if you already have the infection then two a day for five days.
  • Ive had the same problem with my tongue for a week. I went to the doctor today and he wants to run a lot of tests and just reccommended Listerine. He also said he wants me to take a blood test to make sure its not something serious. But he said most likely its a vitamin deficencey. Im going tomorrow for the blood test and should know by the end of the week.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement