Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

I think I have IED

Posted In: Mental conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 8, 2006
  • 08:40 PM

Hello all. I am a 29 yr old hispanic male from Hawaii... I think I have IED, and it usually only manifests itself when I play video games, i.e. fighting games....There is an uncontrollable desire to win and if I lose repeatedly to the game's A.I., I sort of turn into someone I'm not, screaming, cursing, and punching myself in the head or face. If I'm in a 1 on 1 with another person and they start to win, I dont get psychotic on the outside but rather on the inside and usually ends up with me throwing the contoller down and storming off.... How can I cure these outbursts?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Usually people with IED do not attack themselves, however to be sure, I would get your family doctor to refer you to a mental health professional. Only with a proper diagnosis can you get your rages under control. You obviously want help, but you have to realize this isn't something you can cure on your own.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 16, 2006
    • 00:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • dont put yourself in contexts which you know will elicit this response.train your mind to love peace .you will have to do it in the end.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2007
    • 06:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Im new to this site and wasnt sure if this is where i ask my question but anyways I think there is a chance i might have IED also. Since i was small ive always had extreme mood swings, i got kicked out of nursery school for threatining to kill the class bunny, i kicked the doctor and bit the dentist but as i grew up i matured out of that.. kinda. I am now 19 and find myself snapping at the smallest most insignificant things, i will once in a while get into fits where i throw things, scream and feel it is often hard to control acting this way. the only thing is im a female and when i looked up IED it said it was much more common in males. I have the hardest time with my boyfriend who is a very sweet guy but i find myself verbally and sometimes every physically attacking him. I have thrown things at him, pushed him and hit him when he didnt deserve it and later felt absolutely aweful about it. Even though im a female is there a chance i have IED or do i just have a bad temper??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2007
    • 02:21 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement